Adsl Isp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rich

Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted
Jun 7, 2001
Omnipresent
OK I'm in the water again looking for a good ADSL ISP who do not employ throttling anyone know of a good one?

I have used BT moved from them due to so many problems then used Nildram for years but they suddenly went down hill after the pipex tiscaly buy out so moved to ADSL24 who were great but just recently they have throttled my connection down to as low as 50k when I was downloading a movie from iTunes and when I have been downloading BBC iPlayer content ...that throttling legal downloads which sucks.

I called ADSL24 who denied all knowledge of throttling then after lots of complaining and asking to speak to managers I got the truth that entanet is throttling the connection and ADSL24 can do nothing about it.

so recommendations.

I'd go check out recommendations on the www.thinkbroadband.com forums.. the "best" ISP seems to change month to month tho.. the short version is that you're gonna have to pay for an unthrottled connection.

Incidently I'm still on Nildram but have not been throttled at all, although I know plenty of people were, I'm one of the lucky ones still left on the BT IPStream part of their network though. I'm sure they'll get round to screwing my connection up eventually :)

its a 1 year contract .. last thing I want is to be tied to a provider for 12 months and they go shite after the first 2 like ADSL24 did.

O2 like Be is getting a bit hit and miss as well for people since the takeover by O2 and their decision to offer cutprice internet for O2 customers, Im on Be and im not having any problems myself but there are quite a few posts on Be's forums complaining about download speeds, routing, latency, DNS problems etc etc

Be is 3 months for the more expensive packages.

\o/ @ unthrottled ADSL!
Sorry i have no idea, I'm not british.
I can imagine you'd have to pay more then the dirtcheap lines cost tho, you get what you pay for (usually)

cost is not a problem, I dont mind paying extra for good service but length of contract is ... after the BT debacle that I had to wait 4 months to get out of I will never have a long contract again with an ISP.

obviously I am not a millionaire so im not paying silly money for ADSL but Im not after some 15 quid a month deal.

only if theyre on your exchange tho martin ;)

Also a lot of people have had routing issues with them, also their LLU network is getting overloaded in places... still so is everyones ;)