Admin Position and word to Puggers.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

McNeill

McMastah
Jun 8, 2001
Aberdeen
To pug players,

As many of you know, I have been away for last 3 months, I finished my degree and was enjoying vacation before I come back to study my masters. As many of other Admin on the pug channel they have also been busy and although pug is still running, the channel and the server have sometimes got out of hand.

I am back on 5th/6th of August and in the meantime I have removed some inactive PUG admin and plan to ask for two active admin to step forward either in this thread or via PM on the forums.

‘Job’ description for admin;

Active player in games of pug, I want someone who plays pugs and also idles a lot and has been playing pug for a long time.
They are unbiased and will deal with people to that means and put personal feeling aside. I want admin who does not feel threaten to ban or warn ‘well known’ players just because of how long they have been in the league.
Has familiarity with the rules of PUG and the league in general as they are very similar.

I apologise if people have got offended by people’s comments on UTAPUG, my intention for setting the channel and the server was for people to have fun, I am not a strict admin and prefer through communication to resolve issues rather than to just ban. By banning the active players in pug, we loose the regulars and the normal pug players may find no games being played.

I think everyone can say that PUG has been a great success and has help to keep the fun alive which you do not get from publics and with the community here gradually reducing.

So please I urge people to respect one another and not force admins into a position where they need to take action on people who cannot behave or take their personal arguments elsewhere.

If you have been attacked/flamed or have any general problems from the channel or the server itself, simply message an admin to take a look at it and try to provide logs.

So once again, continue to enjoy yourselves and I will hopefully be back soon to fix any continuing problems. Also remember to apply for the admin position if you’re up for it.

P.S Later an update to rules will be done, but a simplified version is, all these stupid resets and abuse, mass spamming on the server, muting and random player/map selecting to just be annoying will not be tolerated.

Actually if the thread remained open some time longer I guess votes for you would have gone up as well :(

Hopefully when Mc comes back we can get back to having lots of good pugs a day, not 1 or 2 and the rest spoilt by idiots

Also: Imo, I think Mc and twnz should just be admins like originally (along with the current admins) when they are back; I can't see anyone else doing it without being biased

Last edited:
lmfao @ giving uzi admin rights...this is bound to go tits up

Jackel, I appreciate your concern. I warned him also about what he should be doing and not doing. But I think he will make a good admin, his atitude is such that he doesn't take shit and if he can remain impartial, channel should be smoother.

At the same time, he knows that hes been giving admin on trial to see how things go. If MyM and myself see that things are worse, then we shall remove him and he has accepted that (as have other new admins).

At the end of the day, I just want everyone happy and if uzi cannot control himself, he knows what I will do, he knows his own personality better than anyone.

So don't worry m8.

:wave:

How about giving me a chance before saying how I am the worst thing ever.

Any problems PM me - I'm on IRC pretty much every night, cept when I'm working :)

uZi as admin is a good thing imo, active and doesn't take shit. imo he will be v. fair as far as administration goes, even tho he can be a cunt hes joking most of the time ;(

ase, seas and xb are also good choices, once given admin rights it seems like xb and uzi are intelligent enough to drop the quarrels with dj/torp

gief more good pugs.

Yeh I'm pleased that something is finally happening, hope this will end the little private wars that ruined everyone elses pugs =)

Jackel, I appreciate your concern. I warned him also about what he should be doing and not doing. But I think he will make a good admin, his atitude is such that he doesn't take shit and if he can remain impartial, channel should be smoother.

At the same time, he knows that hes been giving admin on trial to see how things go. If MyM and myself see that things are worse, then we shall remove him and he has accepted that (as have other new admins).

At the end of the day, I just want everyone happy and if uzi cannot control himself, he knows what I will do, he knows his own personality better than anyone.

So don't worry m8.

Im not worried, but i know uzi, in my little "chats"with him he was allways the first to start calling names and starting to mute me when i mouted back to him but thats our little history.

but im not gonna be the judgemental cunt and ill give uzi a chance as long as he can take a sheepshagging joke from time to time and he can take some jokes im fine with it all.

Im not worried, but i know uzi, in my little "chats"with him he was allways the first to start calling names and starting to mute me when i mouted back to him but thats our little history.

oi that sounded familiar from N00b LOLOL