About the record-zone !

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

TuT

Windows is good... except for useful stuff...
Sep 24, 2001
Sweden
k, this is what the rules say about team-time records !

Team Time: This is the best time a map has been completed in by more than one player. There must be at least as many players on the defending team as there are on the attacking team.

But:
When you make a record in 2 vs 2 that don´t count.

I made 1 the today, and when i asked admin about it i got the message that it didn´t count because of that it was only 2 vs 2.
Well, actually i don´t care that much about it, but it´s just nice if you could add it to the rules-section so that every1 knows.

Nope, same thing there.
But i heard that´s totally up to admins if they accept it or not.

So... Some records count and some not.

Why not use the record-zone ONLY for matches ?
That would prolly make it more fair for every1.

errr sorry wanted to edit but i made a double post...well i gotta write something here then.... :D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

whats way more annoying is if you get the same time as the record is :mad:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
ok see next post now :rolleyes:

Last edited:
hey i have some records made against one noob, can you put em in the record zone pls :D

some old records dont stick to the rulez and the ocean time doesnt seem to be made on a 100% speed server and maybe not even online (and maybe the picture slightly edited), but at least the new records should stick to the rules, brave is 100% right there.

and the 3 players minimum in the defending team makes sense, because even if its 3 noobs that dont know the map you might have to pass them and cant just run without being shot at all ;)

but after all its just some pictures on a website, cool down :cool:

and the 3 players minimum in the defending team makes sense, because even if its 3 noobs that dont know the map you might have to pass them and cant just run without being shot at all ;)

but after all its just some pictures on a website, cool down :cool: [/B][/QUOTE]

I totally agree, i think it should be 3 players minimum and besides that it should only be in matches that records should count but that´s just my opinion.

Anyway, this post i made wasn´t about flaming league-admins which i already heard some ppl accusing me for.

You will notice quite well if i start flaming some1 :P

All this is just about that i think the rules should tell properly what is allowed and not allowed.

Cause right now they´r quite fuzzy :rolleyes:

Hope you have time to fix it soon :)

What i mean is you have to have guidelines to records, a standard that all records are set by.

Anyone can get a record playing agaist n00bs on a publics server, but doing it agaist 6 people that have tactics and are covering all positions ready for an attack is entirly different.

I could set up 3 lads that have never played AS before and get records all day long, but they would be meaningless, there would be nothing to boast about. Anyone of us could have done the same.

But getting the fastest time 6 v 6 in a match were the defence are ready for your attack, that is what it is all about.

As in Athletics, you could run teh 100m in 6 seconds, but it wouldn't mean a thing unless you did it in a recognised competion. They have it like that for a reason, so there is no question of the validity of the time and the conditions it was set.

I know there are many records that are in the record zone that still have a huge question mark over them as to if they are real or not, were they manufacured with Photoshop, or did some of their clanmate form the opposition and just let them through to get the good time, we will never know. But if they were set in a match, there would be no question if they were real, and would be alot more credible imo.

Last edited:
Ohh, Jesus fucking christ.

When are you going to understand that it´s not against you i did this. You always take everything so personal, why is that ?

I wanted to know what every1 else thought about it, and if the rules-section could be updated somehow so that every1 knows what´s right or wrong.

Ehm, tell me if i can do something to help you not missunderstanding all the time, will ya ?

I have a couple of new records which i cant b arsed sending in. I will sell em for a fiver each if anyone wants em.

The record zone doesnt bother me like some ppl, generally the same guys start threads moaning on about submissions every month or so, staking their current beef then exclaiming in big letters how theyre not bothered either way.

It doesnt mean anything, never has, but I can't see the point in changing the system after, what, 2 years +, especially as Assault is likely nearing its end shortly anyway. There are a few im proud of tbh and am pretty confident will never be beaten which is nice and something to remeber the game by i suppose.

Originally posted by -monk-
. There are a few im proud of tbh and am pretty confident will never be beaten which is nice and something to remeber the game by i suppose.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe, like your former Bridge team-time you mean :nod:

j/k :p:

Well, i totally agree it´s worthless with records like it is now but as some ppl said here: Wouldn´t it be a lot funnier to make records in matches instead Monk ?

I mean: If the record-zone would be reset and every record counts from matches instead.

Originally posted by TuT
When are you going to understand that it´s not against you i did this. You always take everything so personal, why is that ?

he dindnt take it personally from what i can see. he was just telling you the facts

I posted before about this.

+ : Any ppl just going for record by teaming up under aliases, won't have much of an incentive to do it anymore whcih makes public servers better

+ : Public records are just about finding the weakest opposition anyway.