A nice link to UT2003 Assault mod makers:

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Y'all have some deceptive Forums

Doc_Edo:
Launching will be in as an optional mutator, not default.

Aaron
Our goal is mainly just to port the basic gametype and so we plan to keep the weapon characteristics that come with UT2k3. That means that double-jump, and hammer jump are available, but as far as I've seen no hammer or rocket launching your teammates can be done. Same with adrenaline effects

Kudos all the same :)

Yes, we discussed that a lot and still are discussing, but this is the latest. We hope to implement launching one way or another. It would help if more ppl would give us their thoughts on that one, so we would do the right thing. I'm for the default but there are some that aren't.

there has always been an option to turn off luanchs its called friendly fire, fact is once ppl figure out how to luanch and the fun of doing it/stopping it then most dont want to go back to without imo.

I'm with Ajax!

Launching is a part of assault, and imo its one of the reasons why it still owns

Yeah, cant get rid of launching, Must have launching.
Quick question, will u have old UT weapons or new ones?
I hear launching is pretty sucky with the sheild gun, Impact hammer tho has more to it than meets the eye :)

launching

without launching there is no assault it becomes like guardia full of spam supose u can still hammer launch but you are going have to do some editing to the rocket launcher
but im still looking forward to it

hammer jump is mandatory for assault ! Adrenaline and double jump tricks should be made inoperative, otherwise gameplay will be lame.

That said, I am not in a hurry to play the game, I will not play it before a year or two I presume when I will buy a new PC. My XP 1600+ and my Geforce 3 cannot deal properly with this beast :mad:

Adrenaline would suck aye can you imagine fighting someone who just got to full boost kept recharging and had a shield out, and you would be expected to stop this person !

imagine a guy with berserk on a map like overlord.
give that person a minigun and it would be major fun (for him)

extra fun
if you shoot a couple of guys your adrenaline just keeps replenishing.

Originally posted by utsilvia
That said, I am not in a hurry to play the game, I will not play it before a year or two I presume when I will buy a new PC. My XP 1600+ and my Geforce 3 cannot deal properly with this beast :mad:

:lol: then why can my p4 1.4 and geforce2mx handle it without any problems?

Originally posted by Ajax
/me bows to the all knowing wisdom of man with 4 posts
and after a month his post count remains the same :lol:
come to think of it adrenanline could be real sucky.invis will spoil it all,launchers are bad enough but when they become invisible then u got a problem

I can proudly say the launching will be back in UT2003. Our mutator works with all weapons (even though Minigun and Assault Rifle don't influence players much, but who ever launched with a minigun o_0), and even with all instagibs. :devil:

Attachments

• launch_awaaaaaaaaay_1209.jpg
    launch_awaaaaaaaaay_1209.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 144