8 vs NOOB tele "bug" usage.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
I learned about the tele bug on balli... today

for those that don't know it, after gen is taken if D takes the tele from inside the bunker (with rockets) and into their spawn THEN offence can permanently take that teleport and go in D spawn..... even for final....

personally I think its a bug

so lets see

Making use of any map specific bug (known or unknown) which prevents the attackers from completing the map or the defenders from effectively defending the map is prohibited.

if u have to look around you to make sure theres nobody hiding and take twice as long to run back in position after u die I call that preventing from defending effectively

I think that this "bug" ought to be considered illegal in the future...

what do you guys think?

should I have made this a poll?

1. i think ur a tosser
2. defence has spawn protection, the attacker cant hurt u and the defence has autocannons their to kill him.

they should all be banned all 2007 and win to n00b....

have it

next year ull notice my lagbot aka rai gg!! and its legal 2 lol

cause all rulez are made to be broken innit. just watch htlms rule in first post LOLOL

attackers cant open the doors if i remember rightly

yes but I for one when I die defending final I jsut spawn and run as fast as I can back in position, I don't look behind me if someones hiding in a corner following me when I open teh doors

maybe im a tosser but eh I jsut learned that bug and think it should be illegual, if the majority thinks its ok to use it then fine sry for wasting u guys time :rolleyes:

plus I said in the future, IDC about 8 vs NOOB result and dont wanna create flames, I just wanna adress a specific ut issue

Just wrote a quick serverside "fix" for this "bug", can be voted for use on the likes of pugs/publics/match servers.

Just add ServerActor=BallFiXstic.FixTele to the server ini.

I have no interest in putting it on DoG servers, since I personaly don't think this is much of a big deal.

Attachments

• BallFiXStic.zip
    949 bytes · Views: 34
Just wrote a quick serverside "fix" for this "bug", can be voted for use on the likes of pugs/publics/match servers.

Just add ServerActor=BallFiXstic.FixTele to the server ini.

I have no interest in putting it on DoG servers, since I personaly don't think this is much of a big deal.
If you made a FIX then it IS a bug, its just sad that snowmen used it very sad idd...i hope that the admins are "pro" enough to handle it.

I quite carefully put it in inverted commas for a reason. It's not a fix, it's a change of gameplay.

why did u write it then? -_-

As I just explained to someone in IRC, I wrote the original version of the Tele changing actor over 2 years ago, and was going to couple it with an actor to fix the sniper nest window bug (where attackers can simulate lag through it and dodge the kill zone), but was never able to create a suitable actor for the latter without creating other side-effects, so this never got released.

Last edited:
its not like the "gameplay" was known too all because it wasnt too me and its not like you can press f3 and see that you can use deffenders tp, its just sad.

think ive made my feelings known enough

basically its a known bug to some, not to others - using it knowing full well its a bug is completely against fairplay - even after i made several comments to mym to ask him NOT to do it.. anyway not the point here

as ase said, he didnt know about it and when someones in your spawn how does he know what he can/cant do - its completely against normal gameplay - if you've never seen it before, how do you know if the attacker can or cant get thru to the final objective room, or thru the door etc... it completely disrupts the defence - entirely because of a bug which should have been fixed years ago

Anyway, since its already with league admins ill stop there... fix it asap imo

fix all thebridge teleports so attackers cant use them, OH NOESSSSSSSSSS, u bug abusers, all of ou, btw co taught me this trick in 2004, therefore i conclude they do not win the uta league for that year, k thx bye

Last edited:
I'd like to see a post from a league admin...

it seems weirdo provides us with a viable solution to this bug (I unfortunately don't know enough to know if it would really be an easy and practical solution or not)

that is of course if we assume this teleport usage is a bug....

I think I saw mym agree in the chat that it was lame...

so yeah, if weirdos patch can easily be applied and actually work, and if the majority of admins deem it would be better if that lame option/bug was removed... why don't we do it?

imho it would only make the map even better and avoid stupid flames like what happened tonight...

and plz.... move on for god's sake, the past is the past so stop whining bout who abused it in the past..... make up your minds and do what you think is best for the league gj

seems funny 2 me though alot of these guys here are like boohoo for noob but I bet u that if it were their clan they'd be bitching about it...if u guys think u wouldn't bitch about it HAHAHA right most u guys go at it in a pug match so I could only imagine someone doing this 2 u in a actual match:P oh and yes lets look at the rules cause the admins sure dont have probs suspending certain people *cough* *cough*BoX*cough* when they broke certain rules..some of u are going 2 say well they deserved it cause what they did was worse well why is it worse cause they arent an admin and in order 2 get away with the small things u have 2 be one?:rolleyes:

next year ull notice my lagbot aka rai gg!!
:nono:

Btw, I don't beleive this is a bug, but if there was a post about me doing this i'm 100% sure every server admin/admin/cratos/:teehee: would come saying it's against the rules...bur

just a shame it was used all our team started typing with 2 mins left , we wouldve easily defended the map and would've been 6-5 and a close game at the end , the bug caused chaos lol , think it needs to be addressed by the admins

then dont complain about it if u talked in midmatch, you deserve the loss tbh if u are dumb enough to talk and lose important time.
Just fix it and its ok

[23:21] <utaBot2> 992:29 : 12Arowana: 99dj taught us the bug btw
[23:21] <utaBot2> 992:29 : 12Arowana: 99he used it against us with c0
[23:21] <elite> oh that one
[23:21] <utaBot2> 992:29 : 12Arowana: 99thx dj

Why didnt he show it to the rest of us then :lol: