2v2 AS Summer Cup!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
2v2 Cup is FULL! - However, should you wish to be apart of this, you can still nominate yourself to be in the substitute list!

RULES AND OTHER INFORMATION!!!

Rules

The same rules regarding cheating, bug abusing and foul language apply to the same rules currently deployed in the UTAssaul league, which can be located on http://www.utassault.net

The 2v2 rules get a little specific, they are as follows:

Launching:
- Rocket launching IS allowed in 2v2.
- Hammer launching IS NOT permitted at any time.
- You may hammer jump.

Tricks:
- Test room is NOT allowed in 2v2, it is good for 6v6 but makes the map way too difficult with Test allowed.
- If the test room is entered, even by mistake, a punishment may be incurred.

Maps

Each team will pick 4 maps. A 5th map will be agreed upon when starting the game. If a map cannot be agreed upon, a random map will be selected by an admin.

The maps allowed, are all the maps currently used in the UTAssault league. This DOES NOT include the test maps that are used every month. This also DOES NOT include tested maps on Pugs, or alternate versions of existing league maps.

Server

MyM has kindly supplied a secondary server which will have the same setup as Pug. Simply join the channel, which will be confirmed on this thread, and start your 2v2 with 9 maps. I would kindly ask that this server ONLY be used for this 2v2 competition and not friendly encounters when a normal Pug is happening. This needs to be free for this and this only.

Server IP: www.utapug.net:7100 - Mapvote is on. Remember which maps are allowed.

IRC Channel: #2v2 - For the reporter bot, there wont be a Pug setup. Server will be automatically set and you will be required to keep score and submit result.

Substitutes

The sub system can be used, however there are some regulations that need to be met for it to happen.
- The person being subbed has to do 1 of 2 things. 1) Not show up - 2) PM me that he cannot play. I wont take word from anyone else.
- The sub cannot be just anyone. It has to be someone who meets similar criteria. I.e the same group. For example, if Mexanik needs a sub for round 1, currently, only Hudson can replace him.

AND FINALLY

In game flames are good fun and all. However, if any complaints are received with over the top flaming of your partner or opposition, this will be dealt with severely and could result in you being removed from the competition. Keep the flames to a low level.

Have Fun :wave:

Subs List:

Tier 1 Subs
Sudeki
Salva
od^

Tier 2 subs
BlackNinja (Level 2 only)
Freakeh
Solar

Tier 3 Subs
Tompa
Killerdude
Beautimus

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND 1 MATCHES: - Deadline for completion: Tuesday 13th July - 22:00GMT!

Axl/Lucy -- 5 - 1 -- Fury/Pogo (Sneez subbed Pogo)

Bamse/Yako -- 5 - 0 -- Hudson/Sphere (Seas subbed Bamse, Yako cant make next 2 rounds, therefore team forfeit)

Cyborg/Torp -- 0 - 5 -- Html/w1sh

Free/Jeroen -- 5 - 4 -- Loco/SilverGuns

DJ/Killastone -- 5 - 2 -- Syphus/Ulv

Hoi/XRated -- 5 - 1 -- Jaybone/X-Bomb

Maber/Promax -- 5 - 0 -- m1c/Recon -- FORFEIT

Mexanik/twnZ -- 5 - 0 -- Pitbull/Sneez

QUARTER FINALS - Deadline for completion: Sunday 18th July - 22:00GMT!

Axl/Lucy -- 5 - 0 -- Killerdude/Sphere

Html/w1sh -- 5 - 0 -- DJ/Killastone -- FORFEIT

Free/Jeroen -- 2 - 5 -- Hoi/XRated

Maber/Promax -- 0 - 5 -- Mexanik/twnZ -- Freakeh played last 2 maps for Maber

SEMI FINALS - Deadline for completion: Wednesday 21st July - 22:00GMT!

Html/w1sh -- 5 - 0 -- Mexanik/twnZ

Axl/Lucy -- 0 - 5 -- Hoi/XRated

FINAL - THURSDAY EVENING - BE THERE!

Html/Wish -- 5-0 -- Hoi/XRated

CHAMPIONS = WISH & HTML

Congratulations!!!

Last edited:
not signing up ( no time as usual :( ) but i'd just like to suggest, that you make a list of the top players (lets say 5 to 10 ppl), who can't end up in the same team. just in case. and just a thought.

I wouldn't have signed for a "normal" 2v2 with chosen teams but this random idea sounds fun

count me in!

I'll also join.

Can't play 3 days in july (9-10-11th) afaik.

Thats fine sneez, you will have 1 week to complete a round.

Looking good so far, less than 24 hours and already 10 signups and 4 part signups. Keep em coming guys, I know some have exams and some are on vacation, but we could make an interesting cup IMO.

Looks nice, although there are a few dates before 7th of july that I can't play. I hope play times can be 'scheduled' around that, then count me in. :)

Nice.

Like I said though, the schedule is set for 1 week per round to make sure people can play. I know many of us can't play certain dates, so a week should be more than sufficient, if not then you can use the subs.

By the way, 2 additions. If we start getting 4 or 5 very good players, I might force a balance on certain players. For instance, the entire competition would be pointless if wish and twnz ended up on a team together. If people think it is unnecessary to force balance then nevermind. Secondly, teams can only use the sub system once. Or, you can retire from the competition and a sub replaces you. However, they have to be of similar level and all people involved have to PM me saying they are happy to do so.

imo weight players in 2 categories.

TOP and BOTTOM and split it 16/16, then draw 1 from top and 1 from bottom, bingo

this way you avoid 2 total noobs partnering and also 2 really top notch players partnering.

Last edited:
You can count with me and Cyborg "maybe" gonna talk to him to see if he's available!

fear me xD i'm back