2v2 AS launches

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

LeNiXiS

Hells Yea
Jun 16, 2003
UK
I was playing on 2v2 AS today and these 2 guys said that a double hammer is allowed. They claimed that only single hammer launches werent allowed, just wondering if they were speaking crap or is it true????

They also claimed to be in mi5 for some reason when it was obvious they werent :redeye:

NO it isnt and it wont work ... otherwise whatfor u would need sniperlaunches in for exsample riv al or overlord or bridge ?

no hammerlaunches are allowed.. not any .. tbh how can you do a double hammerlaunch with only 2 ppl ? :P or do u mean 1 launching + 1 hjump ?

the whole principal of hammerlaunching aint allowed anyhow.. only rocketlaunching/hjumps/other funky launches

yea i ment one sets, and other hammer jumps :)

Anyway looks like the cheated then :P fags :P

dunno if it's allowed but it definatly done, also in 2vs2 matches...

ppl have dont it against us on overlord, ballistic, mazon and probably more..... doesnt matter now i guess, league is dead :(

Wrong relax m8.

"2v2 servers must be running the anti-hammerlaunch mutator" is the only rule.
This mutator won't disable launches totally, just makes them less powerful, shorter. Still some boosts are possible, and some launches (Overlord you can launch to guncavern if the launchee uses hammer too, like in Bridge hammerlaunches. This is what he meant "double hammerlaunch").

In general, if the mutator is running, everything you can perform is 'allowed'.

Oh ok but

"Match format is 2 players per team, no hammer launch, Weapon Stay On, no mutators running"

made me think no launches with hammer AT ALL, but atleast i now know. :sofa:

aha I thought no laucnhes were allowed with hammer coz

Match format is 2 players per team, no hammer launch, Weapon Stay On, no mutators running.

Psychotic said:
Wrong relax m8.
In general, if the mutator is running, everything you can perform is 'allowed'.

its always been said that hammerlaunching isn't allowed, without any restricitons to that and it makes sense to disallow them since it would leave too many possibilities to the attackers and too many spots the defenders had to watch

allowing hammerlaunches thru a backdoor in the mutator is imo just dumb, it also causes arguments and uncertainty
totally disabling them seems the most logical thing to do

yip i got to agree, whats point in having that statement in the 2v2 rules if you actually allowed if its possible? lol

Micro said:
aha I thought no laucnhes were allowed with hammer coz

Match format is 2 players per team, no hammer launch, Weapon Stay On, no mutators running.

And this is true, as is stated in the 2v2as league rules. No hammerlaunching whatsoever. Mutators can only be used with prior sanction from league staff (also see rules). People who do hammerlaunch in 2v2 friendlies should be skinned alive, unless it was agreed upon beforehand.

by saying what he said psy prevented a shitload of "they hammered ban them admins!" at the admins adress, and so his reply was very diplomatical as well...

imo people shouldn't hammer whatsoever, but if someone does hammer, noone can shout at any admin to do something about it, cus they say they were allowed...

very smart and understandable answer from psy, he left the responsability with the players involved without giving the admins more hassle they don't need (they're busy enough as it is)

jwer_NL said:
by saying what he said psy prevented a shitload of "they hammered ban them admins!" at the admins adress, and so his reply was very diplomatical as well...

imo people shouldn't hammer whatsoever, but if someone does hammer, noone can shout at any admin to do something about it, cus they say they were allowed...

very smart and understandable answer from psy, he left the responsability with the players involved without giving the admins more hassle they don't need (they're busy enough as it is)

Nice asskissing Jan.. *muacks* *muacks* lol.
Here's something for you and Psychotic.
So far I know Hugh Jarse is supervising the 2v2 league, and if Psychotic even considers feeling the need to correct others, first of all, READ THE FUCKING MANUAL!

/me looks for Hugh_Jarses post.
/me doesnt see it
/me sees psy reading the rules to everyone AGAIN
/me looks at Timmahs post
/me is confused

/me leaves the room

Flame away :D

nope lol.......... 2v2 league dead anyway lol

quit after someone did that launch against us lol