2nd StdAS Assault Cup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Akora

Nublike!
Apr 28, 2004
Belgium
First of all, this is not to fuck up torp's try to get a pro/ias cup on the roll. i just heard from a lot of players that they would really like to play another std cup so im willing to give it a chance starting it.

I dont have an exact idea about how many would be intrested in this, but im hoping to get alot of sign ups. Teamsizes will probably be 4v4 unless everyone really wants 5v5. the picking system will most likely be the same as xb's,as i dont see a better way to get even teams really. Cup would be played in mid-january/february as holidays are coming up.

As said a couple of times, yes the previous 1 is just over. but im talking about a cup which would start in like 1.5/2 months. thats a long time in which u can prepare urself easily, not like u need to prac hours in 1 week. imo, the 'cup' idea wudnt change, think there are a lot of players who would like to play this again, and if not so be it

If shown that more ppl want to play pro instead of this, then we can just change it to pro.

Structure

Starting stage will be pools. Depending on how many players will sign (and how many teams we can make out of that), the top X teams will get tru to next round. Every team will need to play every other team thats in the group (so u wont get out of the cup after 1 game). in a group with 4 teams, top 2 will continue and the team that wins the group plays against the runner up from the other group. Incase of a tie between teams, we will first look at the matchscore between the teams. if team1 & team2 have a tie in points, but team 1 won from team 2 , then team 1 will continue. incase their game ended up in a tie aswell, then we'll look at the difference between won maps & lost maps.
Win: 3 points, Tie: 1 point & Loss: 0 points.

After the group stage, it'll be Knock Out stage. This will be played in 1 match only, first to 8 maps. incase of a tie, there'll be a decider map (which will be a map that both teams have chosen in there maplist)

As for servers, i hope to be able using league servers and (-8-) server again if mym would agree.

I would also suggest to rate players once again. Opinions might have changed after the last cup about some players and ratings will probably look a bit differently. it's not like this is a big job so.

If you have any remarks, plz say so. as for the rest, i hope i'll be able to pull it off.
If intrested just post im in or smth and say if u want to captain incase u do. Also, if there are volunteers to help ( yes im noob) plz say so. Atm pogo has offered to help me out with most of the stuff.

Panel

1. Akora

Signups

1. Akora
2. Pogo
3. Ulv
4. Free
5. Twnz
6. Jer
7. Malice
8. Opium (No TS)
9. Nightwing
10. Fury
11. Axl
12. html
13. Morpheus
14. Pitbull
15. Yako
16. Pete
17. Salva
18. Yakuzza
19. Killing Joke
20. Seasje
21. Sphere
22. Term
23. X-Bomb
24. Jayce
25. Killerdude
26. Maber
27. Spitter
28. DJ
29. Hardcore
30. Irie
31. Mido
32. Squirrel
33. Champ

Captains

1. Twnz

Last edited:
I'm in, I also may captain.

(Keep in mind people may be still interested in one of torps ideas)

sign me if cap allow non ts player, just give me a rating of 1/10 so all happy.

and if u'r rating people, this time don't be stupid, if wish is 10/10, then the 2nd best can't be above 6/10. plain and simple.

It would probably be better for the community to try and hide this for now, as you are going to create a divide in the audience. Those who generally prefer std as or missed the last cup are now more likely to stick to this idea than give Torp's idea a chance to gain momentum before it has even begun. Whether you meant to or not you've almost started a rivalry for attention.

That said, everyone remain open minded! Try something new, add some spice to your life, and play std as again in a few months instead of getting all hyped up for the second time in a row and in turn killing the excitement of a cup.

EDIT: As Righteous has done, maybe indicate willingness to participate in a different format also.

Last edited:
I would play this, if it takes place, but i wont mind a pro or ias (if its without that pathetic zp-serverfuckupshit) cup either