2K4 Exit blue screen

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

NiGhT_owl

Jun 18, 2001
Derbyshire, UK
If anyone has a AMD 64bit CPU, with win XP SP2 installed, with lastest nvidia drivers, and lastest 2k4 patch, you may have an Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) when exiting the program.
I have had this problem, but I have fixed it with new graphics drivers.
The newest driver they have that are whql tested by microsoft but just for gf6 and above and not officially from nvidia, the 71.20 fixed this problem, so you dont have to arse around with changing boot.ini like in some threads like I have found.
These not only fixed my problem with 2k4, and they have imporved my fps slightly in the game too.
Hope this helps if anyone else has the problem :D

Thanks!

Mine has only BSOD'd twice after quitting 2k4 (both DX related, with 66.72s [best performance for UT99 I've found]), but it's still annoying!

Btw if u still have problems with that, you can change to boot.ini. This is what you do

you should have something like this:

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

you just have to change it to look like this (the red bit are what you change):

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=AlwaysOff /fastdetect

after changing that save and reboot.

Ive found doing both stopped my prob completely. :D
'//3iRd(o) if the gfx dont fix ur prob, try this :)

Last edited: