2k4 ed error :S

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Muffy

Dec 8, 2003
notts-england
does any1 use UTed 3.0 n would happen to know WTF! this error means :S would b much appreciated if some1 could explain as am roughlly 1/2 way thru a map n i keep getting it when i load the map into the ed :

The following resources were not found when loading the map.Any referances to them were set to NULL
WARNING : If u save the map now ,these referances will b saved as NULL

Missing file :
Missing resources :

Cubemap AW-cubes.cubes.MesaEnv1
Cubemap AW-cubes.cubes.MesaEnv2

thx a lot :)

Basically the error means that Ued cant find a cubemap that you are using somewhere in your map within the AW-cubes package.

Looking at the AW-cubes package there is no MesaEnv1 cubemap in there, did you make the cubemap yourself but forgot to save it? or did you grab the cubemap from another Texture package and then try to save it in the the AW-cubes package? the best way to avoid problems like this is to save any custom content into the "myLevel" package. This just saves it to your actual map file and does away with the need to have too many seperate .u, .uax, .utx files and makes it easier to go back and find the textures you are using.

If you can find the object that has this cubemap applied (maybe water?) and either remove or change it to another texture, that will stop this error popping up.

hmzzzzzzz but as far as i know i havnt added anything to the package or actually even been it it :S and havnt used water or any other type of thing similar to it -thats y i cant understand were it came from i searched the package to n found the env1 package but cant even find a env2 package at all. I got 1 kinda BSP hole ( think it is anyways ) not the usual effect tho lines etc just u can see thru it onto next corridor BUT it dosnt show up when u look the other way top down to bottom ..this mayb causing the prob? Also the level plays ok dosnt seem to b effected :s

thx for ur help on this Saytan :)