Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. D

Jedi Knight II: Outcast, Multiplayer, FUN FUN FUN!

Anyone else playing this game multiplayer? I absolutely love it, the jedi powers/weapons/sabre combo is just loads of fun. There are a few winges: Some of the force powers are a bit too good, particularly on levels with no floor. There arn't really enough maps. Some of the weapons...
  2. D

Dungeon Siege...

Anyone also played this...? I picked it up today and my first impression is...It sucks major arse. The inital start point and mission is hackneyed, then you start throw the forest getting attacked litterally every 10 seconds or so by exactly the same kinds of monsters again and again. It's...
  3. D

This should be interesting...

How many triangles (often reffered to as the polycount for a scene or model) do you think are rendered per frame in todays games? I've noticed most games don't give this information with their FPS counters and thought it might be interesting to find out how many polys people think are in the...
  4. D

More trouble for NTL...

NTL can't pay their bondholders the 96M they owe them and they have another 500M due next month, looks like they could be stuffed. Problem is who the hell could buy them out if they go down...? I hope and pray it is not BT or AOHELL... More info here...
  5. D

OK another batch, surely these 1's arn't too hard??

OK a new batch of candidates a new batch of questions, LMK what you think of these, but hurry start interviews in a few hours. I reckon these are significantly easier than the last lot, but would appreciate anyone who wants to guinea pig. IT Questionnaire 1) Examine the network...
  6. D

Any kickass modelers in the house?

Anyone do any modelling and looking to have something the would like included in a benchmark/demo prog? Original models only in X,MD2 or 3DS format, you will obviously be credited for your work and it is possible you may get paid for some further models but the project is still at an early...
  7. D

Are these questions too hard for IT Support Recruits?

Just interviewed a bunch of candidates for an Application Support/IT Support position and as a preface to the interview I included a small questionairre covering basic IT issues, just to get their brains working and to make sure they know a bit about IT. I was a bit worried a bit worried about...
  8. D

Has anyone managed to Export UT Models to X or 3DS?

I've tried this a couple of times but only ended up with a sqaushed mess, has anyone sucessfully exported the UT models to 3DS or X? If so how, or do you have the models? Thanks, Darkheart
  9. D

Ever Wanted to Make your Own Games?

Been messing around with this for a few weeks now and it absolutly rocks. The product is Blitz 3D and it's a rapid development tool for creating 3D Games. It's nearly as fast as C++ (or as fast) and is SO simple, it's based on the BASIC langauge many of you have probably used before, on your...
  10. D

Courtsey Keys.

Warning this post is only semi-serious! Some situations get so common I thought it was worth adding some extra binds to save me a lot of keystrokes and besides usually there isn't time. I call this set the "Courtsey Keys" because they are mostly to do with team comms and making people are...
  11. D

Anyone want a Voodoo 3 2000 (AGP)?

Got a spare card seeing as how I've moved all my GFX cards in my machines on one now and this is the "bit left over". Minimum price is £20 (I can't be bothered going through the hassel for less) + P&P. Any serious offers post here or e-mail me, ([email protected]). I expect cash (or...
  12. D

Oddball Server Problem.

Having a little bit of a strange problem with my server ATM, I can connect to it fine and it pings quite nice 50ish ms all the time. However if I look in the browser window in UT it shows the ping as 9999 (cannot connect). However if I click on it anyway it takes me straight in and I can play...
  13. D

Join the Tit club today!

Just upgraded from my Geforce DDR to GF3 Titanium 200, and bloody hell what a difference! Now playing all my games with the detail maxed at 1024x768 and everything looks just so nice AND at 50+ FPS. Before UT always used to give me severe slowdowns running large maps, (like Bridge or...
  14. D

Insignia Update.

What do you think of this ? Been messing around with some coding and this is kinda funky, LMK what you think. OH BTW this isn't really much to do with Insignia I just got confused posting the titles and now it won't let me change the farging thing. :( Any download it (small 400kb or so) and...
  15. D

I was working on a case...

because I couldn't afford a desk. A woman came in and rolled her eyes at me, I picked them up and rolled them back. She asked if I could take her downtown, I said I could take her right here. We went for a run in the car but I wasn't getting anywhere, I decided to drive instead. I turned...
  16. D

Anyone else just loving Max Payne?

This is the best single player experience I've had since Deus Ex, awesome GFX and works post production work is good (game runs out of the box without patches well). There are a few minor bugs (I find my clock tends to show through the game intermittently at odd points and during comic strips)...
  17. D

Windows 2000 not good for servers?

Decided it was time to move the server away from NT4 as no higher DX support and is a dead end now. Changed over to 2000 from NT4 and I'm noticing a lot of fluctation in pings in performance is this normal and is there anything I can do about it? Darkheart
  18. D

Valhalla Beta 2 is OUT!

Finally no more sliding around as in the 1st beta and you can use any model/skin/voice on the server without forcing everyone to download them. For more information or 2 download VA2 then go to. http://www.unreality.org/usaar33/main.html Oh can't resist a miniplug it's loaded on my...
  19. D

Quick update on the NMM program (now Insignia)

I've written most of the client just need to add the encryption code and then there is a good chunk of work to be done on the server (ATM the server just recieves the data from the client but doesn't do much else). Data required between client and server is still teeny tiny and CPU utilisation...
  20. D

Possible solution to the Mercing problem but would you use it?

Ok I've been sketching out a bit of pseudo code and I reckon this is possible but I'm not going to put a lot of time into this if no-one would go for it. I've been thinking about doing a pretty simple program called NMM or something like that (NoMoreMercs) which you run b4 joining a match...