Teamspeak

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should Teamspeak server be updated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MeetYourMaker

Administrator
Jun 8, 2001
London
I'm looking for feedback as to whether the pug teamspeak server should be updated to teamspeak3.

Keep in mind TS2 and TS3 are in no way compatible so you need a TS2 client for TS2 servers and TS3 client for TS3 servers

I voted yes for a technical reason:

In TS2 my sound card drivers are not compatible with TS2, which means I always have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what people are saying because of poor sound quality.

In TS3, sound quality is much much better, possibly or probably because of compatible drivers etc..

voted yes, used it once in a clan match, cause derzonk made me, it was much better, better sound, less delay winner!

I like TS3 very much - i already changed my TS server when it was pretty new and since then it runs perfect.

Good reasons why to choose TS3 are:
- the reduce of lag is amazing
- simulatious speaking ppl can be heared very fine
- so simple to use and easy to install
- works perfect with most soundcards (in fact we had some ppl having problems with TS2 and echo/loop - using TS3 at the same machine just worked great while TS2 was still buggy)
- many enhancements like for example you can change each user voice level for yourself
- sound quality is much better (except with html he sounds like a girl now)
- you can be connected to multiple TS3 servers at the same time!
- G15 support...
- You can make webpages/pictures/infos in TS3 server with BBcode

So ppls move you lazy ass - install TS3! Ah yeah it's out for all OS - working great with 64bit!
http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

You can test anytime at my TS3 server:
213.202.198.191:5125

Some more things for info that are maybe useful:
- you don't need to change anything at your TS2, just install TS3 additionally and you can even use BOTH at same time...
- You can't connect a TS2 client to a TS3 server or other way round
- The priviliges system is totally worked over - very good but strange in the first moment... TS2 was simpler...

So give me any reason why to stayy at TS2? Try it out and you'll never want TS2 back... (like Lucy, she was really sceptic first now she loves it: "<lucy> ts3<3" - and she even not discoverd the speaking part of it :P)

Greetings and thanks MyM,

DerZ

I voted yes for a technical reason:

In TS2 my sound card drivers are not compatible with TS2, which means I always have a lot of trouble trying to figure out what people are saying because of poor sound quality.

In TS3, sound quality is much much better, possibly or probably because of compatible drivers etc..

+1

didn t find anything about system requierments on their site... will ts3 run on ooooold maschines using old windows version? if ts2 runs well, will ts3 run too without updating to newer OS or smth.? if yes OK !

Min system requirements (windows users)

windows NT 5.0
Intel P3/Athlon XP 800MHz
128MB ram
50MB HDD
DX 8.1
internet connection :lol:

Think most people can cope with that except the win98 users out there :rolleyes:

Requirement for TS2 is comparatively a lot lower
win98, P1 166MHz, 64MB ram, 6MB HDD, DX8.1

I was very skeptical about change since I thought ts2 did a damn fine job at what it did. (I also never installed windows vista or 7)

But I did give a try to ts3 and it conquered me in about 20 seconds...... it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD voice quality is MUCH better, it's like talking on the phone, you can set an individual volume level for everyone, so if someone sounds too low you can boost him, if someone (like me) annoys u by yelling n stuff u can put me down at 20% volume... etc u can set a key to mute your microphone if u have to, and simply do it ingame, (u hear a voice saying mic muted/micactivated).

I also heard theres less ts delay so for pugs that'd be great, I haven't really noticed it so far though.

go ts3 :thumb:

BAH..... the requirement minimums are putting too much demand on my comp. :(. Its like they go up everyday.

so Jaybone you're saying your processor runs BELOW 800 MHz????

geez man I didn't think computers that old were still functionnal....... does it have a turbo button too? maybe you should press it :rofl:

yes, as long as it does not use too much upload!! my connection is a bit dodgy

can you put this into numbers? Sure TS3 uses more bandwith than TS2... but as far as i know UT has 20000netspeed

so that means 20kb->2,5kB

So if you're not running at modem TS3 should have enuff bandwith...

And hey the reduce of lag is worth the more bandwith TS3 needs...

Also i bet you can try run TS3 at Win98, its 32bit and NT minimum... so just try it... ( i can't belive ppl are using Win98 anmore... it's outdated... any security leak will never get fixxed etc...)

(lazarus saved the Vistaupdate) ;)

just curious Dj and Loco why did you vote to keep ts2?

gotta love how the people who voted to keep ts2 only didn't post in this thread to justify their opinion ;)