Teamspeak

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should Teamspeak server be updated

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I was positive to ts3 too at start, but after the latest mandatory update, it doesn't recognize either my internal or external mic...
hopefully it will be fixed soon, but perhaps something to consider before takin out the 'ol trash.

dont see any reason not to upgrade tbh

One reason I can see is because its a pain to install a server! :lol:

I will look at changing and setting up a TS3 server by the weekend, itll run along side the existing TS2 server which will be the main pug server so people can try it out and then Ill switch the old TS2 server off after a couple of weeks.

just remove the old TS2 server imo (or change login password), avoids the confusion and force people onto ts3, if it doesnt work out we can then fallback to ts2 server.

I can see people being easily confused once the pug starts about which server to go on, some people are a bit dim here.

gotta love how the people who voted to keep ts2 only didn't post in this thread to justify their opinion ;)

It's a poll mate, there is no request to explain your vote, nor does it really matter.

Anyway, I like ts2 and since I never had problems with it at all I don't have the need to upgrade it. It's fairly simple.

However if the majority wants to change to ts3 (which it looks like) then im fine with that aswell...

I am having my own TS3 server and the only thing i dislike are updates. It's still BETA. Other then that it works nice.

just remove the old TS2 server imo (or change login password), avoids the confusion and force people onto ts3, if it doesnt work out we can then fallback to ts2 server.

I can see people being easily confused once the pug starts about which server to go on, some people are a bit dim here.

No, the idea was that the TS3 runs for them to be able to test it, not use as the main pug TS server. Gives ppl 2 weeks to sort any problems, after that TS2 gets turned off and Pug TS switches to TS3 server.

Im not forcing ppl to switch immediately, I already get enough agro when I do an anticheat update

TS3 server, purely for testing

www.utapug.net:9987 pass utapug

Ive not configured any channels or pretty much anything to hopefully prevent it being used for pugs atm until ppl have at least had a chance to test it.

Last edited:
they say this is better so might as well skip ts3 and go to whats best
dunno myself though...

and what are we gonna do without the ts2 delay to use as an excuse ;(

who is "they"?

All i read and know ist TS2<Ventrillo<TS3... Mumble is a nice open-source product but admins will have more trouble setting it up right, also players with Vista/Win7-32bit and especially 64bit- sometimes have really trouble with mumble... so in that Point I'm sure TS3 wins... did anyone had problems with it?

Well the quality and latency in Mumble and TS3 are almost the same but everyone has it favourits.... But a delay discussions between TS3 and Mumble is like splitting hairs...

But between TS2 and all the other programms you really reconize the latency reducition...

Ventrillo was always better than TS2, but may ppl used TS2 cause of the license problems with ventrillo. So now TS3 is what all wanted after TS2 - going for that should be 1 good step and then enuff of it :P

see i told u, ts3 server is up, but no1 uses it cause every1 is still used to ts2, we should dump ts2 and force ts3 and let ppl figure out their own probs

see i told u, ts3 server is up, but no1 uses it cause every1 is still used to ts2, we should dump ts2 and force ts3 and let ppl figure out their own probs

:nod:

maybe have 1 or 2 few pugs fucked up cuz ppl haven't dled it yet, but at least this way ppl will actually use it :P
cuz tbh with both versions running, that's the only ts3 "problem" it's that it's not backwards compatible so you can't have 4 people on ts3 and 2 on ts2 on your team. Everyone is pretty much forced to use ts2 untill everyone has ts3.