Ban Request. Admins read.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't say I like to see a thread like this which contains a quarrel between two people who I consider 'friends' (seems like the magical line between WoW and UT has something to do with this? :yawn2: )

Trying hard not to take sides, I agree sneez could have taken offense, although I was aware his Mother is alive and well, and Torp never said 'I fucked her hard' (this is what I remember - I will check the demos later, yes, I am now auto recording again! -_-)

Torp seems to, unreasonably imo, have gotten the tag of being a flamer, when in actual fact he just won't put up with stupidity, annoying comments and whatever else is retarded. As with the Che incident, some people may feel hurt by some of his comments, but I just see this thread as an over exagerated attempt to get someone banned, when it's down to personal hatred.

If what sneez was stating was entirely true I might be able to see a reason for punishment, but as it stands it was just a 'flamewar', nothing else, one of many, many, flamewars (infact it was quite timid compared to what the likes of uZi can achieve :P)

However Sneez has every right to create this thread I guess, if he took offense that is, I just hope he will togglemute if he ever has to play again vs Torp.

PS: The pug was fucked from the moment DJ did random teams, it was obvious tensions would be high.

Grz, then you need to go through logs and ban half of -8-, half of Noob* and half of MoD, as they have said equal if not worse than me in regards to offensive flames. If you take offence to a "your mum" joke online then its pathetic and sad, even in this case imo. People are unaware of your lives therefore its pointless. Grz you yourself have no right to say anything about this with your racism ban, your comments mean nothing.

You also have no right to keep on about this as Sneez himself just proved he made all this up by his reply on irc just now...

[14:11] <Torp> hes stirring
[14:12] <Torp> ive sed it many a time to him
[14:12] <sneez> fine
[14:12] <Torp> why this time he takes offence
[14:12] <sneez> i hope your mother dies so i can dance on her grave
[14:12] * sneez has left #utapug

28 people are witness to this also.

Like I have said. If you get flamed by me you deserved it. I dont flame anyone for no reason. I only flame those that attempt to flame me, piss me off or wind me up. I like to argue as you will know therefore I bite. There is no one in this league I havent flamed with, even my friends. I just had flamewar with Mous just now :lol:, triggered by him making a comment about me playing poker. This then encouraged stormblast to get involved. All started by mousen and I can send the logs aswell if you like. Seriously though, I dont know anything about any of you, why take offence to an internet insult :rofl:

2-3 year ban for insulting ones dead parent? If some1 insulted mine i would just buy a airline ticket no need for admins m8.

I was unaware you suddenly had an address book full of the locations of UTA players.

Btw:
[12:57] <Torp> poonage
[12:57] <Torp> 4k winnaR
[12:58] <Torp> pokerking
[13:06] <XRated> gg
[13:06] <XRated> lol
[13:06] <XRated> !list
[13:06] <UTAPugbot> 7Status: letter i :: 2Captaincy mode volunteer :: Launch protection True :: 7 maps :: 12 players 7needed :: 4current players (0) :2
[13:14] <petez> u play for real moneh torp?
[13:15] <Mousen> lmao pete
[13:15] <Mousen> where would torp get money from?

This is a prime example of how flames involving torp come about, small, snidey comments from the same few individuals start the arguments. In this case, the flamewar was going on for around 40 minutes. I understand why Torp flames back, I used to get flamed alot so I would just flame back, and more often than not you are made out to be the flamer, people never look and see what was the cause, apart from the odd bitchy UT comment like 'whatever', most comments are triggered by something else.

Last edited:
[12:57] <Torp> poonage
[12:57] <Torp> 4k winnaR
[12:58] <Torp> pokerking
[13:06] <XRated> gg
[13:06] <XRated> lol
[13:06] <XRated> !list
[13:06] <UTAPugbot> 7Status: letter i :: 2Captaincy mode volunteer :: Launch protection True :: 7 maps :: 12 players 7needed :: 4current players (0) :2
[13:14] <petez> u play for real moneh torp?
[13:15] <Mousen> lmao pete

And people expect me not to flame back? Dont be silly :P

Grz you yourself have no right to say anything about this with your racism ban, your comments mean nothing.

I have more to say then you think i have taken the penalty for 5 years, i wont go deeper into it couse you dont know the facts. I knew you would bring this last chanse" hope" cheap shot against me...it wasnt only me who got banned after that match. Anyway I´ve said what i wanted to say, and im gonna say it again if you gonna go away with this is then this community is fucked.

You also have no right to keep on about this as Sneez himself just proved he made all this up by his reply on irc just now...

[14:11] <Torp> hes stirring
[14:12] <Torp> ive sed it many a time to him
[14:12] <sneez> fine
[14:12] <Torp> why this time he takes offence
[14:12] <sneez> i hope your mother dies so i can dance on her grave
[14:12] * sneez has left #utapug

I still stand by what I said there because you not apolagize, you just continue flaming trying to blame me. You don't like me for some reasons I didn't comprehend yet, always talking behind my back (yes I see the logs from other people). I hope you like what you've done. There is just a line you can cross by flaming peoples family.

ps. I won't be a part of this community anymore for a couple of months. sneez logging out

..I can never tell when sneez is serious :(

Torp why try to defend yourself, just admit you're a grade-A jerk, apologise and shut up or piss off. I don't care how you feel about sneez picking standard maps (many of which really are quite alright with the exception of oceanfloor and guardia) those are maps on the server and obviously they're there because someone with good taste in maps put them there.. nevertheless that's no reason to flame or fuss over. You were bragging the other day about what an upstanding individual you were during MoD pDm clanwar... why don't you just act like it for once?

#utapug isn't a fun channel to hang out in with people such as yourself, Torp and that's one of the main reasons why I haven't pugged or idled there (for long) in at least a month. It obviously discourages a lot of people looking to have a fun time and it should be dealt with imo.

Smantie you yourself try to wind me up and you dont like what you get back. Your problem not mine.

Thats not why the flame happened, he spammed owned everytime he killed me and doesnt expect a reaction. I did not say what he claims I said. Simple as that. It was a normal your mum joke with no real offence behind it. As all of them are! No apology.

lol all of a sudden torp is a good guy, get the fuck outta here...he's a prick on the inet but hasnt got any balls in real life im sure.

I am getting quite bored replying to people who cant be bothered to read the whole thread.

Simply put for you guys.

I did not say what sneez claims and it was intentionally offensive. It was a simple joke that gets to people all the time. Thats the easy part about it.

If you dont like me flaming you then quit trying to wind me up and you wont get flamed. Then you wont get to cry on forums claiming I am making the channel non-enjoyable.

That's not really a flame... that's razzing... giving him the business... joking... etc...anyone who actually takes offense to that is way to high strung and should probably spend some time alone :o

All my posts and my m8´s here on forums and ingame were jokes and i got a 5 year ban? wtf is that all about....any1?

Jackel, yeah I can be a prick on inet if I want and your right I am a nice guy in real life(no balls as you put it :lol:). I dont go flaming people in the street and shouting "Oi you, your mum". Fact is you dont get idiots winding u up 24/7 on the street like you do the net. I agree I can be nasty aswell but I only do it as a reaction. I never make the first flame.

aint read thro all the thread but if u wanna ban ppl for immaturity it will never happens, its been happening in pug for ages and abut the mother jokes, im sorry u lost ur mum, but if that upsets u about just torp call for another 15ppl or so to be banned plz for using mum jokes il name sum for u: riv, tb, cor, pete, salva, twnz. thats just off top of my head.

But i agree half the UTAS community are tossers fucking idiots and sneez u r one of them with ur stupid and lame attitude so plz dont start trying to be the big mr mature man here, and half ur clan are the same...

That's not really a flame... that's razzing... giving him the business... joking... etc...anyone who actually takes offense to that is way to high strung and should probably spend some time alone :o

I dont see anything wrong with it :lol:

No smant, he is looking for a reaction. And he knows damn well I will give him one. The same goes for you with your snidey comments. Then you end up leaving the channel.

Jackel you may not find it offensive and it isnt, but if you know history between me and mousen, anyt little comment like that sparks a flamewar.

Flamewars are just boys' ways of venting feelings and frustrations and so on, and it takes more than one person to start one and keep it going. But some people don't know there's a line, and that if you cross it you stop being just a faceless person typing forgettable nonsense to relieve his frustrations and become a right piece of shit. And comments about people's mothers (alive or dead, wtf's the difference?), families, race, etc. are out of line, as pretty much everyone here would agree.

Racist comments aren't tolerated so how is a comment like 'I fucked your mother' acceptable? I'm with Grz; if someone said that to me I'd stop being pissed off in the middle of another flamewar and become fucking furious. Learn to censure yourself ffs. You're not a twelve year old kid in the playground. Everyone talks shit, but the kind of person you are is betrayed by the kind of shit you talk, and someone saying 'you suck' is nowhere near as bad as someoen talking about fucking someone else's mother.

Torp: if you say 'urmum' all the time.... why? Why not just fkin stop? I'm not saying don't stand up for yourself, but at least get some decency.

Useless its the fastest easiest way to end a flamewar. No offense meant as they know fuckall about the persons family. You could otherwise spend 30mins trying to shut the other person up, but the simple "urmum" comment ends it instantly.

Flamewars are just boys' ways of venting feelings and frustrations and so on, and it takes more than one person to start one and keep it going. But some people don't know there's a line, and that if you cross it you stop being just a faceless person typing forgettable nonsense to relieve his frustrations and become a right piece of shit. And comments about people's mothers (alive or dead, wtf's the difference?), families, race, etc. are out of line, as pretty much everyone here would agree.

Racist comments aren't tolerated so how is a comment like 'I fucked your mother' acceptable? I'm with Grz; if someone said that to me I'd stop being pissed off in the middle of another flamewar and become fucking furious. Learn to censure yourself ffs. You're not a twelve year old kid in the playground. Everyone talks shit, but the kind of person you are is betrayed by the kind of shit you talk, and someone saying 'you suck' is nowhere near as bad as someoen talking about fucking someone else's mother.

Torp: if you say 'urmum' all the time.... why? Why not just fkin stop? I'm not saying don't stand up for yourself, but at least get some decency.

True! read and learn torp

Useless its the fastest easiest way to end a flamewar. No offense meant as they know fuckall about the persons family. You could otherwise spend 30mins trying to shut the other person up, but the simple "urmum" comment ends it instantly.

Thats a shit excuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.