ZP mod

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Rel@x said:
i think des is trying to point out that ppl with 400+ pings ( not 100 or 200 ) would spoil the game.. if u didnt notice before but on a lot of zp servers ppl like this come on and just play.. ye ofcourse it's fun for them but ruins the game..

you say " i dont see ppl with these pings play on iAS servers" .. true coz there arent any zp iAS servers out there.. yet.. they only play zp so you wont see em now lol. it would be ok i think if there was a certain ping limit ;P get kicked if ur ping goes above 200? :P

i'd love playing zp got nps with it btw as long as i dont got to play some really bad sliding mofo which is hardly hittable

well sry but i gotta say it...
it doesnt happen too often that i see some1 pinging about 250 - never actually 400+
excuse me again but when i see some1 playing on a server with 300+ i almost certainly know that he/she is a n00b (more likely running in a straight line) who doesnt know that there re better servers for him/her...
imo ppl r harder to hit if they got pl (even its not much) rather than having a 300 ping

Japster said:
I still get the feeling that ppl telling high pinger's warp, havent even tested disabling ZP for themselves.

That doesnt make them stop warping does it? :rolleyes:

Oh and whats the use a disabling ZP? U go play ZP coz its ZP dont you?

great that ppl actually now what they are talking about.. not..
ZP just makes it more even, "they are warping around *sniff*" omg what if you entered a stable zp server (none us) once and actualy pld it instead of listening to what others that haven't pld it says.
There is still ppl that can't get a better connection just as Japs said. I had to wait 3years til' I could get dsl. And yes 56k players pays alot more then us dsl mingers. I used to pay "shitloads" each month when I had 56k. So if you don't have anything useful to had then ur old crap (bottomline for ur bs "omg I got owned by a 56k player I can't tell any one about this")

iggY said:
ZP just makes it more even, "they are warping around *sniff*" omg what if you entered a stable zp server (none us) once and actualy pld it instead of listening to what others that haven't pld it says.
There is still ppl that can't get a better connection just as Japs said. I had to wait 3years til' I could get dsl. And yes 56k players pays alot more then us dsl mingers. I used to pay "shitloads" each month when I had 56k. So if you don't have anything useful to had then ur old crap (bottomline for ur bs "omg I got owned by a 56k player I can't tell any one about this")

I pld shitloads of ZP and it has loads of lagging nerds on it. As hpbs cant play on other servers (well they can but they whine about high pings :P) so they go find ZP servers. But they will still slide on it, as you still have a ping, killing works a bit different thats only the difference, well kinda.

quite easy to say "they prolly dont even have it installed or never even tried it"

i did play it loads so dont give me that crap plz..

fact is there isnt much interest for it coz unfortunatly the bigger group playing AS / iAS do have a proper ping.. :/ if u can get enuff ppl in here i think u might be getting some1 to host a zp server. i'm not the one to convince tho.. nor is des..

iggY said:

ok i'll spell out the bottom line for you, the masses dont want the servers fucked up for a couple of others if you want a zp server so badly set one up yourself with all this spare money you got from changin to dsl. Now don`t come this we anit tried good zp servers as i have plenty of times and and still found the game off putting compered to a normal server, the mods buggy full of holes and no one really wants it cept a very small few. If you dont belive me post a poll and ill eat my words if more than 20 ppl want zp (though now i posted this i bet most vote for it just to see that happen lool) oh and btw i rocked on the crappest 56k conection ever :P

Ajax said:
ok its like this, cs posted over a week ago the lack of intrest in the thread should of shown that only a handfull of ppl want ZP. So now onto the elitest view point. i payed shitloads of money for my dsl and continue to pay lots every month because i don't the standard 'bt' ping, why the hell should i want my game fucked up by a bunch of 56k whinger`s ? (sorry but had to be blunt this topic is going no where fast)

IF i could get isdn I would have got it years ago.. but now I live in a shit hole where they aint able 2 deliver even isdn.. so i'm stuck with my so h8ed 56k.. and u paying shitloads? lmao I pay about 100euro /month and thats just 4 a fucking useless 56k speed.. a 512/512 adsl 10km from me costs only 27euro/month.. so I pay a shitloads 4 nuffing.. and I get pised og in every match l8ly and i'm so fucking close 2 end up playing matches... it's fine 4 me if like 6 players r on a server but when 12 players in game and more then 3 r fighting on my screen then it's starts 2 look like I would have 2 fps.. when I actully have 42 constantly.. in internet play.. so only thing I can do 2 do sum use is 2 spam around and how skillfull is that..

and now sum smart arse says:
-move then and dont whine!

fell ffs can afford that.. next year mebbe but I have been promised adsl untill next year.. tho dont think they will manage with it either...
I shuld demorecrod a match and make a movie of it and then u'll see da view from a fucking slider..

btw I really h8 when ppl r telling me U slide plz leave server! ffs thats so anoying.. what the flying donkey fuck can I do about it.. nuffing fook sake

zp dosen't "fuck up" the server.. The only diff it makes is that you have to aim stright on target, and it's easier to hack so you can cheat. And I wont bother posting a poll cos most of the ppl will just read comments about ppl "warping/sliding" around and vote no. And yes I'm thinking about getting my own server but I wont put iAS/league as on it if I do, cos that means I have to use colored beams which imo smells, and so does league as when it comes to insta.

Leave the modem users alone fs. I used to be one and I know what total fucking shit it is.

Sniper rifle becomes the most useless weapon in the entire world, instagib is just unplayable, as you can fire a hundred shots and not hit anything.

You say "Whinging 56K players"... whinging are they? Us broadband users whinge when we have an F1 ping above 100, and leave the server as soon as F1 hits 200.

Modem users suffer 250 F1 CONSTANTLY. They think it's a miracle when they see their ping below 200, and yet we bitch about the slightest stutter in our gameplay. fs. stfu all of you. Half of you don't seem to understand the SHIT that those still on Dial-up have to go through.
Whenever there's a new map, they have to spend 15 minutes downloading it... christ... Rocket command whould take the best part of an hour!

Stop bitching!

sigh

iggy m8, des is quite a good instagib player infact i haven't seen him play nw in ages. I think he is well informed enough to pass judgement on this. As for me, I pay to have a low ping so i want to play with a low ping :)

Last edited:
Humph said:
Leave the modem users alone fs. I used to be one and I know what total fucking shit it is.

Sniper rifle becomes the most useless weapon in the entire world, instagib is just unplayable, as you can fire a hundred shots and not hit anything.

You say "Whinging 56K players"... whinging are they? Us broadband users whinge when we have an F1 ping above 100, and leave the server as soon as F1 hits 200.

Modem users suffer 250 F1 CONSTANTLY. They think it's a miracle when they see their ping below 200, and yet we bitch about the slightest stutter in our gameplay. fs. stfu all of you. Half of you don't seem to understand the SHIT that those still on Dial-up have to go through.
Whenever there's a new map, they have to spend 15 minutes downloading it... christ... Rocket command whould take the best part of an hour!

Stop bitching!

ffs hump stop making it sound like a disease

Dial-Up IS a disease!

For just £22 month, you can help lagging modem users play properly.

You can help millions of people like little Timmy, who was severly traumatised when his connection failed on Server 4.

Young John was playing Ultima Online, hoping to sell his character and make riches, when suddenly, he lagged out, and his character was killed and looted. He lost everything. Now, John lives on the street, with nothing other than the clothes he wears.

Please. Do anything you can to help these poor people. They need your help. You can make a difference.

ProPain said:
sigh

iggy m8, des is quite a good instagib player infact i haven't seen him play nw in ages. I think he is well informed enough to pass judgement on this. As for me, I pay to have a low ping so i want to play with a low ping :)

modem player pay much more then u and get much lower speed.. unfair imo...

ProPain said:
sigh

you will only see me play nw in a war no where else pp :P

and ye i think i pld enuff zp to make my own judgement about this, but its still my own judgement so :P

oh and soldier, u dont have to pay more, its just the time you spend online. maybe ur online alot. you cant compare it. we always pay same amount. and sometimes we dont even use it and still pay for nothing (like going on a vacation, we still pay but dont use it). while you pay for the time ur online.

but hey dont wanne be cocky, but thats ur prob if u pay more, deal with it or quit :P

iggY said:
ok... we wont see zp in this league so I will just drop it :)

This topic wasnt about the league, its was about public servers. Now if you wanted a zp league i would not of replyed like i did. A zp league would own for modem players and then we could have a ping limit on normal ias league and ppl couldnt complain as they have a zp league to play in instead, and in the normal league you wouldn't get the complaints about players laggin though to objectives.

no get real broadband instead of 150k ntl and it will be a lot better, admins surly this topic done to death lock it and let it die pls