Zip Discs ??

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Stiffler

Ginger Ninja
Jun 9, 2001
Manchester
Ok just a quick question... How much can you pick them up for ? Is there such thing as a good deal ?

They were £9.99 each the last place I looked ?????

Anyone know a good supplier ?

Tim

Imo there is no such thing as a good deal when dealing with zipdrives/disks bcoz look at this:

Zipdrive costs as much as a cd-burner

Zipdisk can take about 250 meg
CD can take about 700 meg + last a lot longer

Zipdisk costs 9.99 -> 250 meg/£10
U can get 10 cd's for £4+ ->7000 meg/£4

Buy a cd-burner -> cheaper and better in the long run.
Thats my opinion.

Well, I use a Zipdrive and they are great for moving things about - and once you have invested in the drive (80-90 quid?) and 10 zip disks (100mb) (I can get them at about £35 quid for 10 I think...) then it doesn't cost anything to run, and it always works unlike dodgy CD writting technology we have accepted as standard.

Zipdisk costs 9.99 -> 250 meg/£10
U can get 10 cd's for £4+ ->7000 meg/£4

Zip disks 250mb ~£120 ish - rewritable forever
CD burner 7000mb ~£90 - writeable once

Personal choice of course, but Zip disks shouldn't be classed as alternatives to CD's - they are just floppy drives with more capacity :)

Thanks for the constuctive comments GURKBURKEN But I already have a CD-writer !!

And I just invested in a Zip drive like Martz said as they are quick and easy, and don't fail. For moving information around ! I was just interested in finding out if I could pick discs up cheaply anywhere...

Thank you

Tim