y cant i connect to IRC ?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Exorcist

Hardcore will never die
Jul 20, 2001
can any1 help me cos i cant connect to IRC.I tried using mirc to connect but it wouldnt then i used the UT irc but it still wouldnt but i can connect to that irc games thingy :(

erhm?

you can't connect to irc... but you can connect to irc...

:lol:

maybe being a bit more specific will help ppl give ya some advise :D

Open mIRC:

/server irc.utassault.net

Make sure you aren't running a proxy or have open ports on your firewall - you should get a message in your status window if you do.

If you don't please post more info like Doggers said :)

cannot connect to irc..

iv been able to connect to irc for nealry a year now no problems what so ever ..untill today, i cant even connect to utgames.com
this is using game irc channels btw
however although a little extreme a full install of UT (sigh) sorted my connection out,when i finished as usual i shut down my pc as normal,
later that day i booted pc n game up,,,low n behold (fs) cannot connect again...what i did notice was in the what would be main room was a message saying missing MOTD file..
i shut down game changed my nick to the registered nick i use in player options and then went to reconnect...it worked..to test changing nick theory i changed back to non registered nick and it let me connect again. pfff
so what the hell could be the fault guys???

please icq me 81213737....:soon:

That problem ribby is due to IRC only supporting letters, numbers and a few other characters like _ - | [ ] `
Everything else will cause the UT client to do what u describe is happening to you (connects and enteres channels BUT doesn't show the channels)
U obviously have a 'dodgy' character.

And stay away from utgames.com :psycho: :P