XP problem

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Vector

Pretend Stoner
Aug 14, 2001
Scotland
having a problem with Windows XP thought maybe someone here would know something.

Dell notebook with Lan card and Modem.

in the office the lan card works fine and the modem does too for general use. but when we use the modem to dial in to our RAS server it connects but wont see anything on out network so makes it a pretty useless RAS. other people can dial in so we know the ras is working. one thing we have noticed id that the subnet mask XP is picking up is 255.255.255.255 this seems a bit strange to us. everything has been removed and reinstalled with no change and it makes us think its an XP problem. we posted on the microsoft site but as of yet no one has replied. this is the laptop of or CEO and must get fixed.

anyone have any ideas or even any new areas for us to explore to finding a solution?

i have posted in a few forums LR. :(

thought i might as well chuck it in here as there are alot of clever ppl playing UT ok a couple of clever ppl playin ut. hmm maybe not in SUYM but im sure there are a couple out there.

when was the last time you looked at the windows update site :P iam sure theres a fix for this problem on it (85% anyhow)

RE:

make sure the dns settings and ip setting are all ok

if its being assigned those none should be in the network properties for that con this was what stopped my dads connecting to the internet properely, connected but couldnt do anything

when dialing in the RAS assigns everything which we know is ok as everyone else can connect no problem. as for the lan card, we use static IP and DNS are all enabled ok (when he uses the lan to connect to the network there is no problem).

there is an adminpack that might do the trick, has stuff included for RAS fixes, but i think that is for setting up RAS rather than connecting to one.

well see what happens