XConsole

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

mute spec/mute player

and if you really are coding new mods (or perhaps want to integrate into xconsole) here is my idea, the beauty of it is that, you only need to create the environment. Its up to the players to define their own maps, and tactics for those maps in own ini file.

you can enhance it for assault, by automatically selecting the auth user id as the player name, instead of jack bauer or whatever some1 decided to call themself

Attachments

• xbidea.jpg
    xbidea.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
XB: muting spec/player in the HUD isn't really doable I don't think. XConsole can't really change much to do with the HUD at all unfortunately (with the exception of messing with colours, but that affects all players). Mute specs may be possible by changing alpha colour and I'll look into it. Mute all players the same. Note though that unless you turn off the chatbox in UT.ini then it will still popup with face etc.

I really like the tactics mod idea. I did make one a while back but what you showed looks like a better idea. Tnen I guess you could say export the info for each player into a text file or something and then distribute before match. I'm not sure about how to get auth id though. Perhaps just a list of players regular nicks is ok? Then all you'd need is maybe a text/ini file for each map with the objs listed and a file with player names. I doubt I'd add it to xconsole but it would be nice as a standalone mod like defender.

well clans tend to be a bit more organised so tactics is not too much of a problem.

The idea was mainly for pug play where, we dont know who the players will be on your team so you cant distribute before the match. You basically select the players from the list of players that are currently on the server (like the xconsole player list). You add them to a position then send the tactics to teamsay chat.

alternatively we could create our own player list from a text file, with our own names?

Im not sure what the better option is!

Last edited:
I'm not sure about how to get auth id though.

It's replicated to a custom PRI - LeagueAS_ExtPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerPawn(P).PlayerReplicationInfo).AuthString

You can compile a dummy LeagueAS140 containing the custom PRI from the code below, and then reference it in XConsole (or whatever mod you create), however this then makes LeagueAS140 a client pre-req for it to run I beleive.
Code:
//================================================================================
// LeagueAS_ExtPlayerReplicationInfo - headers only.
//================================================================================

class LeagueAS_ExtPlayerReplicationInfo extends PlayerReplicationInfo;

var bool bMuteSay;
var bool bMuteAll;
var bool bModerator;
var bool bReadyToPlay;
var int NetSpeed;
var int Armour;
var int AmmoAmount;
var string AuthString;
var bool bMyMuteSay;
var bool bMyMuteAll;
var bool bMyShowTeamInfo;
var int AuthState;

replication
{
  reliable if ( Role == 4 )
    NotifyStartMap,bMuteSay,bMuteAll,bModerator,bReadyToPlay,NetSpeed,Armour,AmmoAmount,AuthString;

}

defaultproperties
{
    RemoteRole=2
    NetUpdateFrequency=1.50
}

Example use (server side):
Code:
        for (P=Level.PawnList; P!=None; P=P.NextPawn)
        {
              if(        PlayerPawn(P) != None
  &&    P.PlayerReplicationInfo != None
  &&    NetConnection(PlayerPawn(P).Player) != None)
              {

IP = PlayerPawn(P).GetPlayerNetworkAddress();
  if(Level.Game.CheckIPPolicy(IP))
  {
   IP = Left(IP, InStr(IP, ":"));
   Name = P.PlayerReplicationInfo.PlayerName;
   AuthID = LeagueAS_ExtPlayerReplicationInfo(PlayerPawn(P).PlayerReplicationInfo).AuthString;
  }
 }
        }

Last edited:
go on, you know you want to!!

Hmm well I probably haven't documented this well enough (or at all :P )

But in xconsole.ini you can set custom rightclick commands for someones name in player list

I set some (rather stupid) ones by default but you should be able to adapt:

Code:
PlayerMenu[4]=(Name="Trout",Command="say slaps %p% about a bit with a large trout.")
PlayerMenu[5]=(Name="Brick",Command="say throws a brick at %p% *bonk!*")
PlayerMenu[6]=(Name="n00b",Command="say %p%, stfu n00b :P")
PlayerMenu[7]=(Name="Wrong",Command="say %p%, you're doing it wrong.")
etc

Maybe something like

Code:
PlayerMenu[4]=(Name="Defend Back",Command="teamsay %p% defend back")

%p% = players nick rightclicked on

be a bit of a pain with trying to sort every map since there are only 30 command spaces (I could add more though)

XConsole 2.5.0 rc1 is available for testing.

What is an 'rc'? It's short for release candidate, which means that it's a kind of testing version before the full 2.5.0 is released (think beta).
We'll see how we get on with bugs and then release an rc2 etc. until no more glaring errors are found (or people give up caring) and release the 2.5.0 final.

Please use this thread for reporting bugs etc.

=============================

Installation
------------

For new users who don't already have XConsole:

Information on XConsole and a few screenshots are here:
http://www.unrealize.co.uk/index.php?xconsole

Install:
1) Install version 3.4.8 from here: http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/downloader/dl.pl?id=xconsole.zip
2) Grab rc1 from: http://www.unrealize.co.uk/xconsole/xconsole3.5.0rc1.zip and replace XConsole.u with the one in this and put in place the other files, replacing where necesary.

-----------

For people that already have XConsole installed:
1) BACKUP your old files: XConsole.u, XConsole.ini, XMacros.ini, UnrealTournament.ini.
Do (2) above.

There are some extra files that come with XConsole now:

Textures\XFonts.utx - custom fixed width Deja Vu fonts. They make the console text much clearer and better aligned.
System\XConsoleHelp.ini - now help is stored in a separate text file.
System\Radiobox.u - Wormbo's radiobox class used in the config window.

XConsole.int has changed slightly and now the UT advanced options (type 'preferences') shows an XConsole section and some editable settings.

=============================

Changelog:

Alt-p opens up config window to change fonts, which pages are shown etc.
Show/Hide page renamed to Console.
Macro page renamed to Keys.
Much better alias system, which allows unlimited, multiple commands aliases and menus.
Aliases are automatically included in the auto-complete system.
New spectating modes (see commands.txt): nukers, xspec.
IP address of server in status bar.
IRC commands for admins/moderators to use with IRC bots.
Dynamically coloured console text, switchable with colours/colors commands.
Console colours can be set in XConsole.ini [XConsole.XConsole_ConsoleTextArea] section.
Clickable links and IPs in console (can turn off with 'links' command).
Variables that are usable in a bind/alias.
Support for bExtra button binds to take UT or XConsole commands/aliases.
Extra HUD info about people removing buildings in Siege.
Console tabs can be traversed using alt+PageUp/PageDown keys.
Console scrolls 20 lines with PageUp/PageDown.
Font settings for scrollback, input box, IRC and player list.
MaxLines setting for console auto-adjusted depending on which logging mode is used.
Siege stats in HUD while spectating.
Added second custom buttons page.
Added a fixed width console/irc font in separate XFonts package.
Added TabComplete[] list to ini to add custom commands to.
Probably more stuff that I forgot.

See the Changelog.txt for more info.

Oops almost forgot this:

Command list: http://www.unrealize.co.uk/xconsole/commands.txt

Last edited:
ft4xWg0.png

YOU BREAK IT YOU BUY IT.

As we spoke about yesterday Quasi, this issue is not an issue with XConsole (results were replicated as soon as I switched to original console) and had to do with my gfx driver crashing after I had run ut in windowed mode and manually changed viewportx/y. XCsonsole is an amazing product and RC2 really kicks ass. Can't wait to get more time to play around with it. Keep up your phenomenonal work and provide a donation link if you'd like!

You're not asking for it, I am.

To those who see the above link: Quasi has worked hard to make the hands-down best, most user-friendly console for UT and my second favorite UT add-on/mod only to LAS140. He's worked hard to update, bug fix (all two bugs ever), and provide support for it for the past six years or more. A buck or two for his trouble wouldnt kill him.