XConsole

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ok. IRC version is about ready for release I think (3.3). There may be bugs still so if you find any let me know here please.

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/downloader/dl.pl?id=xconsole.zip

Added Features:

Console background texture and colour shading.
IRC
font size for console ('font large|small' (doesn't change all elements though))

Quick IRC setup for autojoin channels, autoauth etc:

Click on IRC tab at top and in (Status) window you need to add network, channels, auth etc:

example:

Code:
/network add uta irc.utassault.net
/channel add uta utapug
/channel add uta utassault
/channel add uta myclanchannel
/auth add uta msg nickserv identify <password>
Note you don't need to put # at start of channel name.

Now you can join server in server box, or by typing '/connect uta' and it will autojoin
#utapug etc and send the auth command *but only when status window is visible*.

NOTE that there is a delay before joining which is configurable in xconsole.ini as AUTOJOIN_WAIT. It's set by default at 250 (2.5 secs ish) but you can experiment a bit with this. If it's too fast then it will try to join channels before properly connected, which won't work.

It also supports simple aliases:

Code:
/alias add <shortcut> <command>
Example:

Code:
/alias add uta connect irc.utassault.net
Then typing '/uta' will connect to utassault.net.

Note: To remove any of the above settings use 'del' in place of 'add':

Code:
/network del uta
/channel del uta utapug

BUGS!

There are some bugs in UT's irc link code that strip colons and !'s from start of line. So if someone types a smiley ':)' you will only see the ')'
It also does not support /topic and /names properly.
I did fix some bugs and made my own irc link but this gets detected as a cheat by League AS CSHP and will disconnect you, so for now it's better to put up with bugs.
For some reason if you get forwarded to another channel then the user list is empty but does fill up when people join. I haven't figured out why yet. But I've only seen this on some big channels like ##linux on freenode.
The console font size only changes the text area and input box font. UT doesn't seem to allow setting a lot of the other elements as far as I can tell.

For full details and some more IRC shortcuts/commands read the readme.txt

Last edited:
Ok. IRC version is about ready for release I think (3.3). There may be bugs still so if you find any let me know here please.

http://www.unrealize.co.uk/cgi-bin/downloader/dl.pl?id=xconsole.zip

Added Features:

Console background texture and colour shading.
IRC
font size for console ('font large|small' (doesn't change all elements though))

Quick IRC setup for autojoin channels, autoauth etc:

Click on IRC tab at top and in (Status) window you need to add network, channels, auth etc:

example:

Code:
/network add uta irc.utassault.net
/channel add uta utapug
/channel add uta utassault
/channel add uta myclanchannel
/auth add uta msg nickserv identify <password>
Note you don't need to put # at start of channel name.

Now you can join server in server box, or by typing '/connect uta' and it will autojoin
#utapug etc and send the auth command *but only when status window is visible*.

NOTE that there is a delay before joining which is configurable in xconsole.ini as AUTOJOIN_WAIT. It's set by default at 250 (2.5 secs ish) but you can experiment a bit with this. If it's too fast then it will try to join channels before properly connected, which won't work.

It also supports simple aliases:

Code:
/alias add <shortcut> <command>
Example:

Code:
/alias add uta connect irc.utassault.net
Then typing '/uta' will connect to utassault.net.

Note: To remove any of the above settings use 'del' in place of 'add':

Code:
/network del uta
/channel del uta utapug

BUGS!

There are some bugs in UT's irc link code that strip colons and !'s from start of line. So if someone types a smiley ':)' you will only see the ')'
It also does not support /topic and /names properly.
I did fix some bugs and made my own irc link but this gets detected as a cheat by League AS CSHP and will disconnect you, so for now it's better to put up with bugs.
For some reason if you get forwarded to another channel then the user list is empty but does fill up when people join. I haven't figured out why yet. But I've only seen this on some big channels like ##linux on freenode.
The console font size only changes the text area and input box font. UT doesn't seem to allow setting a lot of the other elements as far as I can tell.

For full details and some more IRC shortcuts/commands read the readme.txt

Just upgrade the u file or full re-install?

having trouble with the display, the "controls" area is cut off....how can i fix it. I usually play minimised but this happens minimised and maximised!

see attached

Edit: ..... also where did the option go for transparent console....i cant find it anymore!

Attachments

• Shot0000.JPG
    Shot0000.JPG
    262.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
3.3.3 Uploaded

Fixed a bug when private messaging anyone with ~, % or & prefix.
Added support for message in game whenever someone says your nick in IRC.

i dont know what it is but I was unable to open UT today because of XConsole. Not really sure why because it was working OK until i joined leagueAS MATCHMODE - I have not played a match in years! After I closed UT it would not start up again. I havent got a screenshot because i busy trying to get in.

It had something to do with 10000000 iterations and the irc.Xconsole. I had to re-instate the old console and UT opened up again.

I might try re-install it later because its good and very useful, but do u know of this bug (i was using a slightly older version 3.3.2)?

Next time the error comes up ill grab a screenshot

Dunno but 3.3.9 is up for download at the moment. 3.4 will be shortly out but I would like to know more about this bug if possible. A screenshot and unrealtournament.log would be both very useful.

cshp kicked me and others 394943934 times on utaserver5? i think it was
i recently put xconsole on (which also used to open but no longer does.. shrug)