Win7 + older drivers (SB Live)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

AnTi

Ðøgø
Aug 28, 2002
Poland
I have SBLive! The driver itself was called emu10k1 or something. Thye stopped developing drivers so after Installing Win7 Ultimate i was kinda fucked :P
When i run the drivers CD it says it didn't find SB card on my system, i somehow managed to install it via windows browsing CD. The sound was awful however.

I found some kX project drivers, which does work, but sound is cracky and it doesn't allow set sound themes, f.e. default is Speakers, i always used to play on 'Headphones' cause it makes sound much better.

Anyone have any clue about some sort of working drivers or how to enforce Headphones theme? :|

Gonna try it now and see what happens, also, where in win7 u change sound themes, should it be around where xp has it ?

Thanks, after 3 hours playing with all kind of outdated drivers i've had it for now :D I didn't managed to set it to headphones though, it didn't give any option apart from speakers and minor adjustments :/ I guess SBLive is not really card for win7 now.

Frustratingly there were perfect drivers for the SB Live series from Creative for Vista when the OS was in beta and they were installed by Windows Update. After a few months the drivers were pulled as Creative couldn't be arsed maintaining them :(
I REALLY regret not having kept a copy :-/

Frustratingly there were perfect drivers for the SB Live series from Creative for Vista when the OS was in beta and they were installed by Windows Update. After a few months the drivers were pulled as Creative couldn't be arsed maintaining them :(
I REALLY regret not having kept a copy :-/

Yea, i read somewhere there were sblive drivers back from vista times that were working with win7 perfectly, but can't seem to find em anymore.

Creative Sound Blaster audio driver 1.04.0090 (44.73 MB) 10 Nov 09

This download is a driver providing Microsoft® Windows® 7 and Windows Vista® support for Creative Sound Blaster® Live!® and Audigy® series of audio devices. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

This download supports the following audio devices only:

•Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit
•Sound Blaster Audigy Value/SE/LS
•Sound Blaster 5.1 VX
Requirements:

•Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit, Windows 7 32-bit, Windows Vista 64-bit with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Windows Vista 32-bit with SP1
•Sound Blaster audio devices listed above
Notes:

•This driver is only for the Creative Sound Blaster audio device listed above.
DO NOT install this driver for other Sound Blaster audio devices.
•To install this driver
1.Download the file onto your local hard disk.
2.Close all other Windows applications.
3.Double-click the downloaded file.
4.Follow the instructions on the screen.

http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/downloads/download.asp?searchString=%B2

Last edited:
Thanks DB.

Nov 10? was it released not so long ago then? o.o

Anyways, my card is: Creative EMU10K1 SB Live! Audio Processor (at least this is what Everest says) during the driver installation it says Sblive 5.1, dunno if there's a difference. That should work ok though ?
I remember few months back i attempted to install newest drivers from SB webby, it said there was no SB card detected on my PC, which is why im asking ;)