Whole ISP banned?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSu

Dec 9, 2002
Netherlands
** [Chipz] Sorry this whole isp has been banned, due to 1 user evading bans by changing his v-host .
-
Closing Link: GoSu[a213-84-152-47.adsl.xs4all.nl] (You are banned from using this server)

can someone explain this to me

I think its pretty selfexplanatory?

A user has evaded his ban on the networks, by using different vhosts, the only way to ensure he stays off it, apparently has been the drastic measure of banning the entire isp, obviously this is not sumat done lightly, so there is prolly a very valid reason(stealing chipz pies, smoking martz weed, etc).

Best thing to do, would be to contact Chipz I think....

im banned too :o)
everyone on xs4all i guess.

but who cares its just IRC, just give them some time to fix it anyway :D

Who's been banned then ? :/ only knew a few on it ( rampage deadly gosu ) cant think of any others :p

'lo
Yes i am indeed very sorry about having to ban a whole isp and this is a VERY harsh measure, and i knew innocent people would be affected by this :( .
The story is 1 user on this network decided to use the mIRC DCC exploit to crash ppl's clients (even mine) i spotted this,questioned him and he said (i hit the channel crash button) fs ,so i banned him . One day later he comes back taunting me and saying he can change his v-host and ip , at which time Martz banned him again , but this went on and he evaded our bans yet again ..The only option to keep this Lamma from upsetting our irc network was to ban the part of his hostmask which he could not change , which unfortunatly meant a whole isp ban . I will keep on trying to find a way to single this twat out and allow responsible users back on the network .

I am truly sorry it has come to this ppl .

Last edited:
And we are trying to get as many people as possible upgraded to a stable/secure/6.12 version of mIRC - when that happens we can remove the global xs4all ban.

So be good boys and UPDATE MIRC. ain't really that hard. just download it. keep your settings and done

My little note to this thread.
Yes indeed it is a harsh ban, but we hope to have it removed pretty soon (as soon as i can get a response from the services dev team).
As to the upgrading clients, we now also use CTCP version check on network join (incase you wonder why CTCPserv is CTCP versioning you), and to the crashing clients part, ill just note that anyone seen using this exploit, or any other exploit, will earn a lifetime ban from irc just like the rest we cought using it.

Cazzy said:
So be good boys and UPDATE MIRC. ain't really that hard. just download it. keep your settings and done

Yes Caz, very wise words indeed . Then n0b's like this cant do any harm anymore and all peace and tranquility will be restored and i can go back to throwing pee soaked pies at |Dog|

Status
Not open for further replies.