Who has an xbox?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Do you have an xbox?

• Total voters

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
Out of interest, whos got an xbox, and what do you think of it?

yes but hardly ever use it....still got halo2 in the shrinkwrap even from november :o ....need to finish driver3 as well now i think about it... :wave: UTA

I stupidly have every console as I got a Debenhams card and there's a GAME in there. I never play my xbox. I mainly play the bongos on the GC with my m8s when we're mashed, or Killzone on the PS2

I got given mine for free (and some free games):)
cause i work for them (i fix X-Boxes - Not for long tho cause im moving and will need a new job :( )
i only play a few games on it tho
fifa2005 being the most played game for me

Reactions: M®.F®0$T
max... CS players are mostly campers *cough* tent in sig *cough* and they are not welcome here :P

I dont have a Xbox but i played on my m8s.. the game halo and hitman... both roxx0r.
i am a owner of a original psx and a ps2 ;)

My xbox is great. Use it regularly, at least every other day.

Played a game on it once and didnt like it. Silly joypad thing doesnt compare with keyboard and mouse games.

We use ours with XBMC on it and use it for distibuted audio and video and so on. Could use a PC, but its cheaper, quieter and smaller. Have the DVD remote but often end up just using the controller for browsing our network. For those that dont know XBMC, its an open source thing that Microsoft have ripped off for the Media Windows version, first time I saw it I didnt realise it was a PC, thought it was an XBMC running on an Xbox, or maybe that they had ported it to the PC.

zombie said:
I got given mine for free (and some free games):)
cause i work for them (i fix X-Boxes - Not for long tho cause im moving and will need a new job :( )
i only play a few games on it tho
fifa2005 being the most played game for me

Can you send me a free one please :soon:

Reactions: zombie
Mughi said:
My xbox is great. Use it regularly, at least every other day.

Played a game on it once and didnt like it. Silly joypad thing doesnt compare with keyboard and mouse games.

We use ours with XBMC on it and use it for distibuted audio and video and so on. Could use a PC, but its cheaper, quieter and smaller. Have the DVD remote but often end up just using the controller for browsing our network. For those that dont know XBMC, its an open source thing that Microsoft have ripped off for the Media Windows version, first time I saw it I didnt realise it was a PC, thought it was an XBMC running on an Xbox, or maybe that they had ported it to the PC.

This is the first I have heard of anything like this :o How do you do it? Linkage? Is it legal? :D

Reactions: zombie
I'm not really a console fan so feel free to ignore me....

My 9 year old got an XBox for his birthday last year. We already have a PS2 (and an original playstation which was mine from years ago). I really didn't want to get it but the mother-in-law gave him some money for it and his cousin has one, so he got it. I didn't want it cos:

1) its MS and there is enough of that stuff about,and I really didn't want them having anymore of my money
2) We have stack loads of PS/PS2 games, and there is a huge catalogue of PS2/1 games we don't have.

So far the only thing I like about it above the PS2 is the controller. We have 9 games. The one I've played most is Need for Speed (class game) which is no better than it is on PS2. The few games I've played have failed to make me believe that XBox is a better gaming platform.

I'd still buy a PS2 over an XBox. As I understand it XBox 2 will not play XBox games (I might be wrong), this is a major downer on XBox for me. The XBMC stuff sounds very interesting and I'll definitely take a look at it, but it does look like it does much of the stuff my £40 Hauppage MVP box does.

Was gonna post here before but i didn't.
anyway. xbox has advantages and disadvantages.
The advantages are the build-in hard disc and the superior graphics. (I believe it has the best graphics of all next-gen consoles?correct me if i''m wrong.)
and ofcourse Xbox Live! microsoft had some good marketing with that. (Unlike sony :nono:)
disadvantages are:
the huge size of the console.
not 'alot' of games. Sony and Nintendo have a big advantage there cuz they were in from the start.
the controller. (But that's personal, i'm just a Playstation boio :p:)

all in all it are all nice consoles, but for me the Playstation is, and will be, best. Mainly because they have games wich I like alot :D

Hmm ive Got GC,PS2 & Xbox ( I like my games).

And TBH i hardly ever play them - my game cube i got @ xmas, and bin playin eva since (Mario kart & Super Smash Bros!). I also got Halo 2 for xbox, NFSU2 & Burnout 3 all for xbox too and I.R Controller.

Though i agree that Xbox is great for gfx, HD, music e.t.c - i simply love Halo & Halo 2 on it though - and when i do move, ill install Xbox live.

Though in all honesty, the xbox is expensive and its pretty much the same as the PS2. You can loads of good pre owned titles on PS2 for silly money now a days ( i picked up ISS2 for £3 in box, instructions). The Xbox still doesnt have that feature.

(oh the warranty on xbox is great too - my xbox fucked up, and they collected it the next day - fixed - and brought back the day later, all by courier)

-CrackKing- said:
This is the first I have heard of anything like this :o How do you do it? Linkage? Is it legal? :D

You can do it by modifying the Xbox Bios, you can do that by soldering on the mobo, so the write-protection get's disabled and then load up a new bios, or you can build in a chip. Once this is done, you can load up a new dashboard for your Box and then you can watch all your divx/mpeg movies on it and play mp3's and games from the hard disk. It will also now accept game backups.

I just did mine a few weeks ago and it owns, I got lots of games now since you can just load every game on your HDD, or backup it ;) :o I really like the fact that I can watch my movies on the tele now instead of my monitor.

Black Ninja said:
You can do it by modifying the Xbox Bios, you can do that by soldering on the mobo, so the write-protection get's disabled and then load up a new bios, or you can build in a chip. Once this is done, you can load up a new dashboard for your Box and then you can watch all your divx/mpeg movies on it and play mp3's and games from the hard disk. It will also now accept game backups.

I just did mine a few weeks ago and it owns, I got lots of games now since you can just load every game on your HDD, or backup it ;) :o I really like the fact that I can watch my movies on the tele now instead of my monitor.
:nod: Xbox owns for modifications. Seen some great stuff for it.
But the modding itself can be quite expensive. Depends on what chip you get :p

edit: @moto usually the warranty lasts 1 year.

Black Ninja said:

What Jules said.

http://www.xboxmediacenter.de/info_screens.htm

Some screenshots.

Its not trivial, but should be straightforward to carry out, ours was modded with a soldering iron and a copy of 007 Agent Under Fire and a save game that makes it crash, but you can also get them chipped which is a bit more reliable. And there is a risk that you trash your xbox completely, so I would recommend finding someone who has done it before, or getting a pre-modded one from Bald Bouncer.

Oh, and you cant use Live if its modded - though I think there are more recent chips that let you manually switch it on and off so that you can play on Live. Thats something I dont know much about as I dont use it for games.

I dont think its properly legal tbh, but as I bought the damn thing and I dont use it for games, I wont be loading pirate games etc on it, I dont think its fair for them to dictate what I do with it now its in my own home, so, legal or not, I choose the moral high ground. :nod: