What to do?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

jwer_NL

***YODA***
Oct 18, 2001
GRUN OWNS
Basically my Ti4200 128MB card is seriously overheating. At the moment i don't know what to do with it, as it's gettin really hot when i'm gaming and then crashes the computer. I've cleaned it's heatsink several times to no result and so i'm stuck with a decision...

Do i cool the current vid card or buy a "new one". Since i'm on a rather tight budget i'd like to spent as little as possible. The only vid card cooler i could find nearby is 35 euro's. The same shop has a second hand Ti 9800SE 128MB for sale for somewhere between 70-80 euro. The other option is buying a new vid card, but with my old XP 1800 / 512MB RAM rig i don't know if it's worth it, and if it could handle PCI-Express. I could also buy a GF6200 new for 65 euro. Should i just go for the heatsink and leave it at that or should i buy a new vid card. Mind you tho that upgrading the rest of the system is no option now, but it might be in the near future...

spew!

dont get a GF6200, they suck and are overpriced. Your System cant handle PCI-Express, btw.
what exactly is a Ti 9800SE supposed to be? If you mean a GF4 Ti 4800SE , thats just a 4400 or something with AGP 8x which is basically a joke.
IMO you should get yourself a new VGA Cooler, I got one for my gf4 ti4200 for like 10-15 euros half a year ago, its pretty silent and cooled very good. Look for Revoltec and Titan stuff at that price level. 35 euros is too much for a VGA Cooler for these old models.

i ment an ATI 9800 SE 128MB...

But thnx for the reply, i'll look on the internet for a cheaper cooler then the Zallman one tho atm i got my eye on a second hand Zallman....

but i'll have a look around for a cheaper one, ta m8

An arctic cooling silencer NV 1 should come in at around 12 Euro, should be easy to find as well.

def dont change anything else as it isnt worth it

ta can't find the arctic one in the shops here :/ did find the zallman for 26e tho which is better then 35... might have a look around or go with the zallman one...

thnx for the info tho both

thought the AC Silencer cost a little more so I didnt mention it. If you can get your hands on that, its easily best for your card.
About that ATI 9800SE thing.. well, since its an SE, I wouldnt buy it. rip-off most of the time. if you get it for free with a working cooler, it'll do the job tho ;)

btw if somebody needs a ATI silencer 1 compitable with ati 9500 - 9800 contact me thx :P