Weapon grouping Binds

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Paa`

Don't Fear The Reaper!
Apr 2, 2002
UK
Is there a way to group 3 weapons to one key so i.e. i press 2 and i switch to the highest of those 3 weapons if it has no ammo i switch to the next if that has'nt any i switch to the 3rd or,

If i just keep pressing the key it cycle's the 3 weapons i would like to group these weapons.

minigun pulse ripper ( mini being first choice then pulse then ripper ) - bound to key 2

rocket launcher flak goo ( rocket launcher being first choice then flak then goo ) - bound to key 3

For instance im playing lms or something i have all weapons i press key 2 and change to mini press it again change to pulse press again change to ripper but if i dont have mini then it goes to pulse

I got this of some site, I havent tested it so I dunno if it works or not...

Weapon Grouping
<key>=Getweapon PulseGun | getweapon ut_biorifle | Getweapon UT_Flakcannon

This is just an example for weapon grouping.
What the keybind will do is switch to the last weapon of the row, that you have and that you have ammo for. If your already hold that weapon the moment you press the key, you switch to the next lower weapon. This way you can define a weapon group (here: Short Range Weapons) with priority increasing to the end of the group and cycle between the best two weapons of that group. You can use any weapon in these groups and as many as you want.

Next time go to google lazy gimp :p:
It was the _first_ site that google found.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
2 = switchweapon 6 | switchweapon 5 | switchweapon 7

Will switch to weapon 7 if available (minigun), else 5 (pulse), else 6 (ripper)

3 = switchweapon 3 | Switchweapon 8 | switchweapon 9

Same thing for 9 (rl), then 8 (flak) then 3 (goo).

If i keep pressing the key it will cycle the last 2 available weapons in the chain only.

Can't think a way to group more than 2 weapons without TONS of aliases, prolly u wouldn't get the same effect (1 hit switch to the best of them available, several hits cycle them).

Basic aliases to cycle weapons:
Aliases[18]=(Command="switchweapon 9| set input 2 getflak",Alias=getrl)
Aliases[19]=(Command="switchweapon 8| set input 2 getgoo",Alias=getflak)
Aliases[20]=(Command="switchweapon 3| set input 2 getrl",Alias=getgoo)
2=getrl

Will cycle rl then flak then goo BUT nothing will happen if u don't have the weapon, you need to press the key again to select the next one, etc.

I suggest you to group them in pairs instead, like this:

rl<->flak

2= switchweapon 8 | switchweapon 9

mini<->pulse

3= switchweapon 5 | switchweapon 7

ripper<->goo

4= switchweapon 3 | switchweapon 6

This is what I use. Pretty simple and works perfectly :)

k got it sorted with just 2 weapons now thx psy any difference between getweapon and switchweapon ?

Not much.
getweapon uses classes (ut_eitghtball, sniperrifle, ut_flakcannon) while switchweapon uses numbers, easier :)
switchweapon also displays a msg if it fails to bring a weapon cause its empty.

if every gun has ammo you will only cycle between the highest and second-highest. however i you only got one of the lower ones you can choose them with that key too.

would b handy to get 3 on the one key though. To compare combinations i use

sniper + ripper (rippershots)
flak +mini (same kinda gun ... err sorta)
RL + shok (most powerful)
Translocator + Pulse
Enforcers + g00

(weapon with priority first)

Then i also use scroll weapons on me mouse for redeemer or other ghey weapons :)

I don't group, as I really don't think it gives you the same amount of control over what you're picking.. the only thing I've ever used was a bind that was sorta the 'holy shit i'm screwed' bind.. which was something like flak -> RL -> min -> pulse. I have IH bound, trans, pulse, mini, RL, flak, sniper, shock, deemer, and thats about it.. I have the scroll wheel on my mouse for when I'm feeling bored and for enforcer/ripper/goo.