[WC06] Group B - Thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Yep agreed any team can win, and if Germany beat Argentina then so be it. From what I have seen though from Germany is sideways passing for ages and then playing a killer pass which they tend to score from. Against Argetinian defence they wont have that possession play nor will it be that easy to play that 1 killer pass. Sorry if it sounded blunt Germans :P but its the way I perceived their playstyle (not necessarily a bad way but wont always work)

Yako, read my post....I have said England are doing exactly the same and will probably get thrashed by a team soon enough.

Germany haven't played anyone that good tbh. Sweden their strongest, who despite conceded twice with 11 men, still allowed the advantage to Germany by having only 10 afterwards. Poland with 10 men you also struggled and IMO Poland were VERY poor. Ecuador game you cant comment as they rested 5 of their best and tbh for a nation like Ecuador that makes a huge difference.

If germany shock me then I will happily confirm that I was wrong but looking at the matches so far I dont see anything in the German play that will break Argentina down, I find it predictable and easy to defend :)

Well 2 matches germany vs argentinia within the last 1,5 years and both ended up 2-2. arg had pretty much there current lineup, germany both times missing ballack klose lahm and podolski. i guess odds are pretty ballanced. prolly depends on who starts better into the game

this is prolly the best german team since 8 years (or even more).

1 year ago, as the team wasn't that good, they managed to tie (2-2) against argentina twice, tied against Netherlands and brazil.
so i guess germany has a good chance now.

Anyway, we'll see tomorrow. :D

Torpedo said:
If germany shock me then I will happily confirm that I was wrong but looking at the matches so far I dont see anything in the German play that will break Argentina down, I find it predictable and easy to defend :)

All germans are like 20cm taller than every1 in Argentina which they can make use of though, but that require them to use a totally different tactic.

Well you cant really look at friendlies. England beat Argentina 3-2 with almost their same lineup now and England had a weak side out.... Cant see England beating Argentina now though.

Argentina v Brazil final though IMO and think Brazil can just bring on the likes of Robinho or Juninho and that will make the difference for them.