Watchmen

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Just saw Watchmen in the theaters, didnt know what to expect as I didnt read the comics.
All in all it was a good movie although I had the constant feeling I missed out on some stuff ( details ) because I didnt read them. The movie was mighty long thoug (same length as The Dark Knight, 2h40min )

I also had the feeling the film wanted to tell everything wich wasnt even possible in it's given play time.
Effects could be better, but worth the watch in my opinion.

7.5/10

PS: In the theater I was again reminded why I dowload movies and don't watch them over there: noisy teenage kids acting all cool, thank god somebody told them STFU the hard way :D

I just got back from the movie now and there isnt a lot missing from the plot(ive been flipping through the comic and i couldnt find anything important, u cant put everything in a movie, it just doesnt work.Theres some missing dialogue, thats all.And thasts just comments which have little to do with the plot).

The did change the ending, but its for the better, it wouldnt have worked on the big screen

Buy the comics they are worth the money easy, it certainly gave me a lot of pleasure, this is one of the rare ones.This movie works both ways, u can get more out of it regardless of what u c or read first.

I bought the complete watchmen comic 17 years ago and personally i think its probably the best movie i have seen since i saw star wars as a kid.Since im not a kid anymore thats quite a feat i think.
Its perfectly balanced and in tune with the comic and the age its set in.

I think u have to be of a certain age to appreciate it properly, u have to remember the USSR and what they tought u at school about fear of nuclear war.Im deffo buying it on BR.

And btw i was that guy who told the kids to STFU, if u cant help giggelig everytime u see a blue shlong u shouldnt be let in to the cinema in the first place.

ps: I wanna write more, but i have 2nd degree burns on my left hand and its killing me to type this.I need food and pain killers.

10\10

Last edited: