VOTE Custom PUG Maps, #2

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Not starting to promote today, many of the admins, including myself, currently also have real life stuff to do!
I'm actually also in the process of relocating atm lol, so:

Give it another three days, Wednesday. And big things coming.

It IS work in progress, so don't think we are postponing this forever ;)

Last edited:
I really hope u fall flat on ur ass. Been a complete anf utter tit, also comparing urself to mc massive :lol: I could write loads here and prolly make u look stupid. But you will do that urself by the end.

A quick little status update:

- EU and US games will be in one channel, on Globalgamers. It's to combine forces, so to say.
Pugs starting before a certain time, let's say 1am GMT, will be played on EU server, pugs starting afterwards will be played on US server.
OR it depends on how many EU guys are signed!!
Ideally, this results in constant 6v6 action, at least 6 a day/night.

- Walkthrough videos are being done and uploaded by me, they are being kept simple. You can find our YT channel and check them out.
kaka and Solar have offered help there, which I appreciate :) But I'll go with "Too many cooks spoil the broth", and do them all myself, please don't take offense!

Last edited:
A quick little status update:

- EU and US games will be in one channel, on Globalgamers. It's to combine forces, so to say.
Pugs starting before a certain time, let's say 1am GMT, will be played on EU server, pugs starting afterwards will be played on US server.
OR it depends on how many EU guys are signed!!
Ideally, this results in constant 6v6 action, at least 6 a day/night.

- Walkthrough videos are being done and uploaded by me, they are being kept simple. You can find our YT channel and check them out.
kaka and Solar have offered help there, which I appreciate :) But I'll go with "Too many cooks spoil the broth", and do them all myself, please don't take offense!

sooooo quakenet will be useless and newnet will be used?

Ok, so a big AS cup is also in the making then:

MLAS, hosted on UTAssault.net, starting around September, signups open soon or within a month.

It's like MLUT/MLCTF, which had 200 signups, we will be able to do 150 ourselves.

Seas please get some community consensus before announcing these things. There are a lot of things that need to be done and a good deal of things to accomplish. Talk with TimTim about getting the netcode for newnet to be standalone so we can have an eu na showdown of champions!

Seas please get some community consensus before announcing these things. There are a lot of things that need to be done and a good deal of things to accomplish. Talk with TimTim about getting the netcode for newnet to be standalone so we can have an eu na showdown of champions!

Are you stupid? I need consensus from everybody for doing a big cup?
Here's the vote about what month, getting consensus for that: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?p=1629654

You talk like I don't know what needs to be done.. What the hell, man?

Last edited:
Well aside from the fact that it looks like you just saw the MLCTF draft yesterday and got the idea "oh we should do one of those too!"

The fact is that extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence, and you haven't provided that.
seas_ said:
MLAS, hosted on UTAssault.net, starting around September, signups open soon or within a month.

It's like MLUT/MLCTF, which had 200 signups, we will be able to do 150 ourselves.
Did you talk with TImo or anyone affiliated with UTA to confirm that this will be possible? What makes you think we can get 150 players? GG is mostly NA/SA and don't wanna play on bad servers with high ping, so what playerbase are you trying to tap into? MLCTF only had 107 Euro signups and 116 NA signups and EU generally low activity, but you'd be lucky if half of those would even try Assault unfortunately. So where's your logic? You need to start providing evidence for your claims.

I'm in constant communication with Timo and MyM, yes.
We can do 150 because AS is new to them and there's gonna be enough promotion, videos and servers.
And you can stop demanding things like "evidence" from me.

A rule in new chan:
1) EXCESSIVE amounts of bs, like smant and some people in Globalgamers do it, will not be welcome in there, so you better learn to tune down your TSM crap, you know.
2) There's gonna be no "ni*ger" talk either, like I see it in #upug.

Here's a vote about this topic, please choose: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=120114

And: Naturally there's gonna be several people in charge of the MLAS cup, not just me, that wouldn't make sense.

Last edited:
We are going to start out with 5 servers:

1) UK, London
2) DE, Franfurt
3) NL, Amsterdam
4) US, NY
5) US, Chicago

And up to 100 people can be in ts3 server at a time.

Please do these two votes:
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?p=1629654
http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=120114

[20:34:36] <seas> i have rented 4 servers for that.... now it might be too optimistic
[20:34:42] <seas> and if it is, ill just stop paying for 2
[20:34:44] * ravje`nomic ([email protected]) has joined #UTAPug
[20:34:52] <seas> but lets hope its not

Last edited:
And you're paying for these servers with your five thousand euros from ASUS?

seas-- )) lets say about AS and CTF combined into 1 big tournament
sas^bleh- )) erm
sas^bleh- )) elaborate? :p
seas-- )) AS is coming to QN in a big fashion all right, and so we combine the two of them
seas-- )) because CTF is main game type
seas-- )) and AS is gonna join it
seas-- )) we make it a 300 players tournament with 2000€ prize money
seas-- )) in november
seas-- )) and it will be the prime of UT as we know it
sas^bleh- )) first question
sas^bleh- )) where's the money coming from? lol
seas-- )) fuckin ASUS for all i care
seas-- )) its worth 20x times that for them
sas^bleh- )) how so?
seas-- )) its promotion for them
seas-- )) i grasp that most ppl dont get the mechanisms behind it
seas-- )) but its how marketing works, you see it on clanbase.com
seas-- )) so we get that together, and its gonna be huge
seas-- )) but we need proper administration and infrastructure
seas-- )) for that we need clever minds like you and i
seas-- )) i had a shitty day when i pld that pug with you and couldnt hit crap lmfao, but im pretty smart

I can pay that out of my own pocket, funny guy.
And I will, if I have to.

We have to believe in things, if you think I'm some schmuck who doesn't know what he's talking about, it's not gonna help.

I am in the position to offer prize money myself, I can do this with internet marketing projects of mine.
I just put the URL of one of my websites as sponsor, simple as that. And I'll make the money back.

Last edited: