Vista network settings

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-CrackKing-

Suprise, cockfags!
Jun 8, 2001
Located
Ok I just put Vista Ultimate on my media center machine (I only use it for the Media Center function, nothing else so no laughing at Vista :p:).

I have a wireless connection to the internet as well as ethernet to another machine which I use to send the media center machine movies, music etc etc

Whenever the Media Center machine is rebooted, or just intermittently, it will re-set the network to "public" whereas I have specifically told it to be "private". This means the other machine cannot send the Media Center machine any data as the mapped drives all become inaccessible due to Vista's lovely privacy shit with networks in Public.

Is there a way to disable the Public function of the network so it defaults to Private?

I'm usually pretty good at googling for this stuff but I can't this particular answer!

Thanks!

Just in case anyone else ever gets this it was fixed by disabliing the network controller in dev mgr and then re-enabling...... and that was it!