ventilator

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is being Launched in to the gun caven in overload a cheat cause when u enter there,
their is No Warning that someone has got it + they can finish the map

its stoppable and its been used for years ?

the problem with ballistic is the map maker knew about launchs ( original standard assault maps were'nt designed around launchs ) and he added the rotator to stop anyone going down it TILL gen has gone..

i dont believe it's a cheat that u can get in .. it's the HOW that's the difference. there seem to be 2 different ways.. 1 is a cheat .. the other isnt afaik.. tho i aint sure bout that :) (the 2nd is all about standing in the right place and look at the right spot and dodge in.)

the 2nd way was the way i meant @ start of this thread.. if ppl are interested i might try it out sometime again tho i dont got much time atm

@Paa..
its stoppable and its been used for years?
Yes by killing the Launchers :rolleyes:
So kill the Launchers or leave someone inside the base.

@Relax.
If a cheat is used to get down, then yes Ban it,
But if its Luck/skill then that map just calls for a better Def.

@League.
Has this Been banned in ALL League matches?
And if anyone is found to do this on pub servers will they get banned for cheating(See as some people are calling this a cheat)?

btw, cant even do it lol , done it once i think, and that was long time ago.

Originally posted by Scandium
stupid shit...no cheat..allow it...now the attackers fault if the defenders cant defend this venti decent enough...pff :cow:

scandium i doubt u'd understood a cheat or cared about it . u dont know how it's done but still ur confident it's no cheat..

Originally posted by Rel@x
scandium i doubt u'd understood a cheat or cared about it . u dont know how it's done but still ur confident it's no cheat..
relax u dont get him imo.
He's talking bout the jump through, not about the "cheat" through

@Destroy: yes, the only server where a RotatingMover would spin is your own machine hosting ( = playing locally on the server's comp).
I meant if it would work on any other server (dedicated) where you play as client, which I doubt. If you know one plz pm/icq me :)

@ Ballistic fan: there are several methods to get through it before taking the gen.

Even though some of this methods would be a simple exploit for a specific map bug, the most reliable one (and therfore prone to be used) is definitely a cheat. We are not going to differentiate the method you used, it's forbidden either way.

We are trying to fix the problem, but, until then, if Warhead Loader Obj. goes before Generator Obj. it can be easily proven if you used the vent or not. If you used the vent by any means, it will be considered cheating and thus guilty clan will lose the match by forfeit AND get 5% extra of their score removed.
Further actions will be taken against players/clans repeatedly cheating in this manner.

[edit] using the vent hole after gen goes is legit to do the problem is only if the vent hole is used BEFORE the gen goes[/edit]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.