UTV Match Broadcast : swap vs MOD Thursday 2005-02-10

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

nice broadcasting indeed.
But i wont talk about the match itself :P

Only thing id comment on with regards with UTV is it would be nice if the broadcaster had a hidden weapon :P otherwise I quite enjoyed it, nice work Popioul

I only watched one map, and was good, nice mix of freelance + player viewing :).
Good turn out as well :)

Took me ages to fix my prob with demomanager though :nono:
We'll definately be requesting UTV to more matches.

:drummer:

Thx for this nice feedback i read here about swap vs MOD match broadcast!

Yes we peaked at 20 UTV specs with tonites match :) (avg:15 min:11)

Thanks to ImageShack for
Free Image Hosting

I surely enjoy broadcasting one/two league matches a month and hope u enjoy our LAS UTV!
But let me point out this BC success is also due to both clans letting us enjoy this game!

@MYM:
sorry for the inconvenience of weapon showing on ur side, las i have checked and weapon is hidden on my side, so theres not much i can do at this point :(
It might help that u make sure weapon is hidden in the UT config u used to watch UTV. If this is the case then i got no explanation for MG appearing on ur side. Was it only MG? or other weapons were dislayed too? and did it happen at one point/map or like during most of them. Thx for reporting this anywayz, and maybe someone else can explain us some player following related stuff cause i want to know more precisely how things work like when displaying some player viewing or in-eyes view, did they both render smooth? ...taking apart camera hitches, bad timed cam switching and wall hitting that, u might have noticed ;)

For those more interested in UTV specs. I see 3 ways for UTV BC to feed LAS action[/B]. UTV broadcasting is alterning between these 3 ways of showing stuff:
-> Free cam: same as when u move at map start but half that speed. in fact, same as when u use free cam while speccing a game or while playing a certain demos. There u can watch wide areas MG battles, or follow launches.
-> Bookmarks: a fixed cam placed somewhere in the map (offently near objectives). BC can switch to bookmarks at any time (buggy cause based on pickups nearby... see also iAS case where pickup aint present...) and orientate cam. broadcaster creates bookmarks saved into his ini (thx MC who shared his bookmarks for most league maps he done at that point)
-> Player viewing: switches to one player 3rd person View by default (in case u dont come from another player view, cam is oriented in same position as freecam afaik...sigh...). BC could decide at one point to show very same Player's in-eyes view. Yet U have the option to choose (via UTV menu first tabpage), a cam "Completely Locked" (i guess it will follow exactly the player view im providing) or "Locked to current player" (i suppose spec may orientate cam around current player, and eventually toggle behindview but thats to b confirmed).

As u see ur feedback is welcome, some issues u might experience are due to a known bugs (like bookmark camera switching like hell for 2 secs or having to reconnect manually often), so dont go :throw: at first glitch. Just report problems but dont :fight: ! UTV is known to work decent now!
Like if smthg is really wrong across all maps then this is mostly due to a bad installation or smthg bad in UR config (setting in .ini missing or wrong version package, ...). That may particularly be the case if ur new to UTV... Anyway, I usually pop up every other week here on forums in cas i could help or u can ask for help in #utv or contacting another BC or admin of ur choice :)

Thx for watching the show & for reading this!

May UTV interest more ppl! Dont hesitate and talk of it in ur clan and stuff. :cool:

Long live teh League! :Joystick:

Last edited: