UTV LAS matches related (UTV 3.3)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Popioul

Apr 14, 2003
Libertalia
UTV LAS matches related (=UTV 3.3 !)

UTV is a MODification for UT that allows to broadcast any given UT server, provided a spec slot has been set up for broadcaster. Broadcaster feeds an UTV server to which many clients can connect and watch UTV broadcast of a match, something similar to simply spectating given match.
If UTV is working fine, you will even see score and objectives (all after 30 secs delay) in their UT. All watchers are connected on a UTV server, thus sparing the match server bandwidth. To get more info on UTV setup requirements, download UTV MOD v3.3 and read this very topic about setup and UTV related here.

Cratos said:
Objectives messages and much more is fixed in UTV 3.3 and should appear on your screen. However it only works if broadcaster AND watcher are using UTV version 3.3 and have added "LeagueAS140" into their Unrealtournament.ini
Cratos posted an Unrealtournament.ini HOTFIX for Objectives, read his complete post below for full info.

Some UTV specs leave during broadcasts after reporting constant problems... I can tell you:
If u experience some reconnections/problems with UTV its normal, up to a certain point.
Now constant problems with UTV (constant disconnections, camera stuck behind a wall during whole map, ...) = Not OK !!

Try to reconnect to UTV server via UTV MOD MENU, this fixes most issues! As last resort u may have to restart UT!
If problem wont fix, chances are a bad installation of UTV MOD is the cause. Ask u one question, did u read something UTV installation related ? Not yet ?
Consider reading FAQ on UTV LAS here: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=41613

& be sure to use UTV MOD v3.3, because UTV 3.2 & 4.0 or any other version are not LAS compatible! Cratos made UTV 3.3 to manage LAS features.

Latest server info can be found in #utv IRC channel.

Hup! Hup! UTV :!ola:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nekro
I tried all this bcos I'm not an idiot. Still have major problems even after reading all FAQs and dloading the correct version.

Useless u contact me via icq !

:edit:btw Use, im just trying to help ppl who are experiencing UTV problems like u do.
Assuming ppl who didnt do the steps i described are idiots is just a short thinking pov :caek: :edit:

Last edited:
Don't have icq m8 :P And I experience problems with virtually everything in life, though none of it is ever my fault :cool:

I personnally donno UTV enough to answer you wether objectives should have appeared on ur screen.
Maybe when u join a map that has already begun, some objectives are not synchronized, but I donno for sure.

:edit:readers plz read below Cratos posted a fix for objectives display (note this feature is only available in UTV 3.3):edit:

Last edited:
Objectives messages and much more is fixed in UTV 3.3 and should appear on your screen.

However it only works if broadcaster AND watcher are using UTV version 3.3 and have added "LeagueAS140" into their Unrealtournament.ini:

UTV Broadcasters need this:
[UTV.UTVCBroadcast]
gameinfos[0]=Botpack.CTFGame UTV.UTVCTFInfo
gameinfos[1]=Botpack.TeamGamePlus UTV.UTVTDMInfo
gameinfos[2]=Botpack.Domination UTV.UTVDomInfo
gameinfos[3]=Botpack.Assault UTV.UTVASInfo
gameinfos[4]=LeagueAS135.LeagueAssault UTV.UTVASInfo
gameinfos[5]=LeagueAS136.LeagueAssault UTV.UTVASInfo
gameinfos[6]=LeagueAS140.LeagueAssault UTV.UTVASInfo

UTV Watchers need this:
[UTV.UTVSActor]

Make sure you have updated that inifile entries EXACTLY as above (LeagueAS140 on gameinfos[6]), Cause the entries gameinfos[0] til gameinfos[5] will get overwritten by the program ;)

Then you should get into benfit of the fixes like shown below, took the screenshots from a little test on DFP-Public just 5 minutes ago :D

Attachments

• neu-2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 467
  • Shot0000.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 473
  • Shot0001.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 435
Last edited:
Reactions: Felerian
How to get started with UTV in a few words:

Recommended Prerequisite: Install LAS140.
=> If u got LAS140 properly installed then u should see a LAS140 MOD menu in UT, even when ur not connected to any server. If u dont have LAS140 installed, do it first! LeagueAS140a (if u donno what version to install go for .umod version, unpack all files in system folder, read txt file in package for further install help).

Now u can install UTV MOD v3.3 uncompress package contense directly in ur UT system folder (u dont want to create a subfolder :nono:)
once UTV is installed, launch UT once and UTV MOD menu should display in ur MOD menu. If UTV menu doesnt show, smthg was done wrong during the setup.
Close UT, now two sections related to UTV have been automatically added to ur Unrealtournament.ini file.

Fine, u can now edit ur Unrealtournament.ini by opening it in notepad to modify its contense, as explained by Cratos in previous post, to get objective messages.
=> In notepad, place cursor on top of document and use notepad search function (F3) to look for [UTV.UTVSActor] section and edit "gameinfos[6]=" so it looks like this "gameinfos[6]=LeagueAS140.LeagueAssault UTV.UTVASInfo". Make sure u dont leave a space at end of line and u can save ur modifications.

CHEERZ, UR DONE! start UT, open MOD menu, then open UTV MOD menu, first tabpage is the one to fill for watching games, enter ip or paste it: www.utapug.net:23812 & pwd:utawatcher, u can leave rest of options to their default setting, u can play with them afterwards. U now just have to use the connect button from UTV MOD menu to connect to a Broadcast, u will get a msg "waiting for level info" if no Broadcast is on. Come back at Broadcasting hour, and let some mins for match server to start and BC to connect as spec to match server.

A usefull tip at this stage is to make a copy of ur user.ini and UT.ini files for backup purposes!

General considerations on UTV:

UTV enables u to watch UT matches, not really live, just with some 30 secs delay. Compare it to a single TV channel, ur stuck to what BroadCaster shows. Sometimes BC will choose to follow a given player, viewers can also choose between first person view and 3rd person view (using Togglebehindview common binds). U can change 'camera mode' option through ur UTV MOD menu so u can look around current player in 3rd person view. Notice though that player view is jerky on ramps, stairs, when dodging.

Actually, BroadCaster will provide u most of time with flying free cam because it suits better for LAS fast paced action. Showing wide open areas battles is fun, it gives u a general view of whats going, plus another look to our beloved maps. Then u dont want to miss that decisive launch. BC can also use some nonmoving cams aka bookmarks, but this feature is quite buggy in the sense BC will not get the cam he is asking everytime, ull see what i mean ^^.

...Oops i think i just missed one launch footage :(
gtg cu in #UTV irc channel

:chase:

Last edited:
1 prob 4 me !
after i copied this from cratos into my ut.ini i get kicked on the most server (andi thing dfp was one of it) :o

[UTV.UTVSActor]

after i deleted the lines i could rejoin every server i want :confused:
so wheres the prob now ?

:hangover: At first sight these lines look fine... just make sure not to leave spaces at end of lines.

Also can u check if u installed both UTV and LAS140, if they are installed u should see both these MODs menus in UT offline.

M®.F®0$T said:
1 prob 4 me !
after i copied this from cratos into my ut.ini i get kicked on the most server (andi thing dfp was one of it) :o

[UTV.UTVSActor]

after i deleted the lines i could rejoin every server i want :confused:
so wheres the prob now ?

After installing UTV 3.3 and running UT at least once, UTV sections are automatically creted in ur unrealtournament.ini, only last line ('gameinfos[6]=') is missing now in ur unrealtournament.ini file. U're supposed to find [UTV.UTVSActor] section first! Then fill this line 'gameinfos[6]=' and save changes (like Cratos posted).

Last edited: