Info, Tips & Tricks UTDC v2.1 - Problems / Fixes.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

'//3iRd(o)

Administrator
Sep 19, 2001
Dorset, UK
Problem:-
UTDC keeps prompting me to install, even though I have clicked install many times.

Solution:-
Manually download the zip file from here: http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl84778/UTDCv21.zip
Install any Client files into your UT System\ directory, and rejoin the server.

---
UTDC Crashes [Line: 1337] error or UTDC::CRASH GPF

Some people have mentioned that using the UTGLR OpenGL driver version 3.2 from here fixes this problem, however the official answer is that in the case of the 'FCRC' crash, something in your system memory is changing the CRC of particular files UTDC is checking, therefore it crashes you out.

Asus AI Suite, or particularly an application named CpuLevelUpHelp.exe will also cause the Line: 1337 error and provide some debug about the UGalaxyAudioSubsystem. Simply kill off this application to stop this crash, or uninstall AI Suite completely. Other similar applications may have this effect, so may not be limited to Asus software.

Please report instances as instructed at the bottom of this post

---
UT Freezes after a map change. System is unresponsive. Only way to close UT is via Task Manager or by Logging Off

None known. This seems to affect both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit systems, but only for some people, it is likely to be caused by a library/module UT is accessing during the UT check causing strange behaviour.

Suggestions/Workarounds:-
Check your renderer is one of the known compatible renderers for UTDC:-
OpenGL 3.2
UTD3D9r10

Check your Audio device in your UT ini is set to "AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem"

Try (re)installing DirectX 9: May 2008 / August 2008

Run UT in Compatibility mode, set to Windows 95 or Windows 98, this may stop the hanging, but could also cause other system instability.

Please report instances as instructed at the bottom of this post

---
Anyone who suffers from any crashes or freezes, please post a complete UnrealTournament.log immediately after a crash, plus a saved report from msinfo32 (Start -> Run -> msinfo32 -> File->Save); put both of these files into a Zip and attach to your post.

Hopefully with enough info, we can find a common cause.

Last edited:
Problem report:-

Application hangs / infrequent UTDC::CRASH error
o/s: Vista Business x64

Clean UT 400 install + UT 436 Patch + UTGLR 3.2

- Hangs during UTDC checking after map change or reconnecting.
- Workaround used to stop hanging, though infrequent UTDC::CRASH errors still occur in Win 2000 compatibility mode.

Servers: unreal://www.utapug.net:8100 & unreal://81.18.167.101:7787/

Attachments

• Vista64.zip
    58.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Vista_x64.jpg
    Vista_x64.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 1,916
Last edited:
Had the same problem in post #1, just with xp64 bit today :|

Oh and btw: 'Rocketfix' which seems to run on a few servers seem to disable weaponhotswap for rocket & flak for example in unrealtournament.ini: e=getweapon UT_Eightball
Got to manually press 9 for rockets or use scrollwheel on mouse

Last edited:
Had the same problem in post #1, just with xp64 bit today :|

Oh and btw: 'Rocketfix' which seems to run on a few servers seem to disable weaponhotswap for rocket & flak for example in unrealtournament.ini: e=getweapon UT_Eightball

Erm read 1st post m8

Anyone who suffers from any crashes or freezes, please post a complete UnrealTournament.log immediately after a crash, plus a saved report from msinfo32 (Start -> Run -> msinfo32 -> File->Save); put both of these files into a Zip and attach to your post.

Erm read 1st post m8

Yeah, i noticed it too late, so i ran ut once more later this evening running on pubs, so i guess it has overwritten the contents of the first log. If not i can post it, give me a pm if it is of interest :)

Log files as far as I know are overwritten whenever you start UT so youll need to move/copy them as soon as youre done

As for the rocket thing, most things that modify the weapons to add a new type such as tiw minigun will also make a new weapon type with a new name and replace the original, if you use numbers in your binds itll still work.

This may explain you why.
Note: If bFixFlak or bFixRockets are true the flak cannon and/or the rocket launcher will be replaced with a similar version (UT_eightball_fix and UT_FlakCannon_fix). This means that binds using getweapon will no longer work but switchweapon will. TIW weapons cause the same problem.

Taken from this thread: http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=80555

ye wtf shity is this ?

yesterday server 2, we all crash a map start! ye u read right i mean ALL, bsk me and other 1 must reconnect on bridge 8 time to play( nice we can play after hm 2 mins map start) somtimes we play 6:5 5:5or 6:4 thx for this nice stuff guys!!!

and ballistic i cant join.

Stop this shit!

Server2 has run the latest UTDC for a long time (1yr+ Id guess), quite simply if you have issues with the latest UTDC dont book server2, its not overly complicated to workout. As your team was red you must have booked that server so you should take it up with your match arranger.

Plus this is a problems/fixes thread, anything off topic will most likely be removed. Complaining about something without giving any of the required info makes it off topic.

ye wtf shity is this ?

yesterday server 2, we all crash a map start! ye u read right i mean ALL, bsk me and other 1 must reconnect on bridge 8 time to play( nice we can play after hm 2 mins map start) somtimes we play 6:5 5:5or 6:4 thx for this nice stuff guys!!!

and ballistic i cant join.

Stop this shit!

That it totally untrue.....*some* people had the UTDC problem last night...not *all*. Learn to be more polite and constructive.

OK....I've been doing a bit of playing with Vista and UT and something called UTDC!? wtf do I know! :)

Anyway, my UT under Vista has stopped locking up. It locked up on every map change on a PUG yesterday and on all but 1 map change today.

All I've done is install DX9 BUT not the normal DX9. It's the March 2008 version (available here) from Microsoft. It's twice the size of the "normal" DX9 redistributable and appears to contain a dozen versions of DX9.
I unpacked it with WinRAR and ran DXSETUP.exe.

There is and August 2008 version, but I haven't tried that one.

I'm still using OpenGL in UT, but DX9 certainly appears to have helped UT become more stable.

Despite Weirdo's best efforts to set up a UT server that should cause UT tio crash....all worked fine. Thanks for your time Chris.

Also tested on Tammy and i4Games iCTF servers and works fine.

Please try it and post results.

My specs:
Q6600 2.4Ghz @ 3Ghz
4Gb RAM
nVidia 8800GTS 512 G92 v175.19 drivers

Last edited:
UT Freezes after a map change. System is unresponsive. Only way to close UT is via Task Manager or by Logging Off

None known. This seems to affect both Vista 32-bit and 64-bit systems, but only for some people, it is likely to be caused by a library/module UT is accessing during the UT check causing strange behaviour.

I had this problem tonight and "solved" it by going from OpenGL to D3D rendering. I'm using a Vista 64-bit system.

i like to know statistic about how many matches are booked at server 2 since new UTDC in comparison with other servers....

why are we going to loose a server only for a anti-cheat client that any cheater avoid by sheduleing at every other server??!?!

vista is a common os theses days, ppls want to use DX10 why UTDC working not with it?

x64 are needed to use more than 3,2 GB RAM so why not caring about xp/vista 64???

I think you're missing the point here.

UTDC is being trialled on Server 2 with a view to rolling it out to all other servers, however we will not do so until client side fixes are identified with certain setups.

UTDC has no quibbles with DX10, it's UT which has the problem, as it was designed for Dx7 with only recent Dx8 and Dx9 support.

UTDC is only cranky when something within the operating memory is manipulating the UT process (like a cheat does); if Vista is modifying the operating memory for compatibility reasons (to run a 10 year old game!!), then UTDC will quite rightly say no.

Anyway, my findings so far are that actually the x64 o/s (XP and Vista) work better with UTDC 2.1 than the old UTDC 1.8 which is on every other server, but since no common denominator has been proven yet (only speculative), then not everyone will have the same experience.