UTAStats - Feb 2009

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fucking HUGE :rofl:
I seriously never seen any other web app consuming that much of server resources.
Infinite loops doesn't count :P
On the other side i'm surprised it still works at all with all those millions(!) of records in database

delete everything that is older than 2 months :satan:?

and leave out unnecessary stuff :P?

I just looked at this thread title "Feb 2009" and thought "Oh great, Stats are back this month"

Then I realized it wasn't February :x

is there any way of stats being returned , just for pug stats and maybe league matches , without publics ? surely just a few pugs and league games would use like 5% of what stats used to use ?

Firstly, there is literally only MyM left running the show, the rest of the contributors are long gone, with occasional visits.

Secondly, you said yourself you play once a month? Who is going to make the effort to bring stats back for this kind of activity level? Let's face it, there are 50 diehard players left, and probably will remain that way until MyM decides he no longer wants to fund the foundations of pugs.

Shame really, I thought stats being taken down added (not massively) to the reduction of players.

guess nobody cares haha , UT is dead anyway i guess oh well was worth a try :) x

I want a million pounds!

What you haven't given it to me yet, thats kind of selfish dont you think!

Stats were taken down becuse there were no resources for it, surprisingly enough when a community shrinks you dont suddenly gain more resources, you may free some up for a bit but usually its short term before they are removed permanently. THe few ppl that have servers dont want this runing on their machines due to the amount of resources it'll take.

You need a server to host the stats on, not adding the public stuff makes no big difference, the issue is that its incremental with no way of archiving off older stuff, meaning that it just gets bigger and bigger and more resource hungry along with it. AFAIK you would have to manually trim down the db to remove the old stuff when it gets too big.
As has been said many times before I'm sure if you can come up with a host then its easy enough to reinstate although most of the league servers have had stats turned off due to the large logs they generate over time..

The main thing is that with the community decreasing the remaining admins dont have the incentive to bow to your every wish, if you want something then you are actually going to have to help in some way :)

Last edited:
fair enough , i have no idea how the thing works just remember wierdo saying without public stats it massivly reduced the resources needed. could reducing league servers by 1 help ? surely we don't need 7 league servers any more with only stdAS league with about 7 or 8 clans ? (if we still have 7 servers i really have no idea lol)

also do the stats need a high bandwidth, high upload limit i guess it is (like one from a server) or could a home machine do the job , im sure i could leave a machine setup at my flat x

Reducing the servers I dont think will make a difference, they arent used for publics and if they arent being used they wont produce stats. 100 servers each with 1 game played will be similar to 100 games on 1 server.

IMO it needs a dedi server somewhere to run although someone like timo would be able to say what it needs exactly to be able to run for pug and league matches only. I would doubt a home based server will be ideal for this, you are looking at around £30/month for colo.

£30/mo for colo? Crap. I seriously need to re-visit what I'm paying.

I've been thinking about stats recently.

While a re-write of stats to make it more efficient (read: less shit) is ideal, 2 years on, there's been no progress, so highly unlikely to be a viable option.

I did a bit of work for the last (whatever it was) 10th anniversary cup, MyM kindly dumped the logs in one place for me to collect, but that shouldn't be an issue any more as it can filter public matches out on the fly now.

Just not convinced it will run in any decent capacity within our current hosting setup... Need to have a conversation with Martz at some point I guess.

Last edited:
:lol: 30/month is on a very low power, lowish bandwidth setup which IMO would be fine for just utstats/webhosting.

My colo is nothing near that price! :(

£30/mo for colo? Crap. I seriously need to re-visit what I'm paying.

I've been thinking about stats recently.

While a re-write of stats to make it more efficient (read: less shit) is ideal, 2 years on, there's been no progress, so highly unlikely to be a viable option.

I did a bit of work for the last (whatever it was) 10th anniversary cup, MyM kindly dumped the logs in one place for me to collect, but that shouldn't be an issue any more as it can filter public matches out on the fly now.

Just not convinced it will run in any decent capacity within our current hosting setup... Need to have a conversation with Martz at some point I guess.

sound's good! :thumb: