utassault.net DNS problems

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quasi^

Me.
Oct 26, 2002
Behind a crate
I noticed the everyDNS holding page yesterday and just read doh's announcement.

In the whois info apart from Phear being listed there's also Russel Caton. Is he someone from the league?

[email protected]

He's listed for billing and tech. Might be worth getting in touch. Other than that it may be worth getting in touch with internic to find who/how domain is being paid for.

I wonder if nothing was done and everyDNS closed down that you may be able to get an account with dyndns anyway? After all you only need to set up the nameservers? I can't see a problem except that the glue records will still point at everyDNS, but once it's closed won't the hosts change glue records to point at dyndns? I take it hosting is at joker.com? Another place worth contacting.

Cheers

Is that Russ not DoG's Scrote?

indeed he is, except that he prolly cant access that email address anymore. Would send him a text, except that I think he will have changed his phone number since he doesnt work for orange any more, and that was likely his free from work number :|

Balls to it, can but try, what would be best to say to him, other than check the forums for this page, lol...??

Last edited:
9723715.jpg

indeed he is, except that he prolly cant access that email address anymore. Would send him a text, except that I think he will have changed his phone number since he doesnt work for orange any more, and that was likely his free from work number :|

Balls to it, can but try, what would be best to say to him, other than check the forums for this page, lol...??

Just explain the problem. The admins here need access to the domain registration and hosting pages and be able to change nameservers to dyndns. I guess that's the problem. It's worth a try in case someone at orange still has his contact details.

oh no, its going to happen one day, lets hope its not too soon!!!!

BEFORE ITS TOO LATE, I JUST WANNA SAY - I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! :hangover:

Btw if I go to: 80.194.247.166 it links to some old Fraghub site? :confused:

Russ only ever paid for it, same as I have been... Not sure why his name was down as the technical contact - we talked about it last year, he doesn't have any access to do unlock/migration/ns change etc. Joker allows anyone to pay for the domain, whether they have any access to it or not.

I'll raise a support request with joker to try and resolve this though; didn't realise Phil didn't have access to unlock the domain for migration - he is still down as the owner though.

Last edited:
Guess that means I dont need to send that text then :) Didnt get around to it till late last night and left it as a draft to send this morning, and pure forgot. Wont bother now tho :lol:

Mobile Number Portability.....

I'll probably have this number forever... (I've had it 14 years now)

wasnt sure if it was ur number, or a work one, so thought they may have kept it.. for whatever reason, lol. good to know i still have teh right one tho :)