UTA - Resurgence

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Had a great pug yesterday! Server is accidently configured to 16 players so we played a 8v8 Rook with 2 spectators. Still one big bug to fix on the game code it seems! In the meantime next pug will feature more maps, more polish and launching :)

I think there were enough Polish people in that last game. #MVPsmant

Greetings!

Unreal Tournament 4 is currently undergoing development by Epic, in conjunction with player-developers. This development seemingly has a feel different to Unreal Tournaments past; it is the closest to the original UT99, uses the new Unreal 4 Engine, and has the largest community backing of any of Epic's previous attempts. It also feels like a classic, in terms of movement and gameplay.

No-one can be completely certain at this point, but the general consensus is that this new UT will be the most successful since UT99.

Epic have said that they don't have the bandwidth to work on game-types other than DM and CTF. As such, I've been coding an Assault game-type, the first version of which is now ready for testing internally.

A few of us have also partnered together to start planning for a true relaunch of this league and site. This will involve upgrading and clean-up of the forums, a site and logo redesign, upgrading the league code, along with putting some strong marketing and community generation in place.

In short - we have a lot of plans, and we want everyone to contribute their opinion and time; bringing back as much of the UT99 community (older, and wiser ;)) as possible is an absolutely critical step to success.

So, if this poor attempt at a call-to-arms has succeeded, please head over to this Trello board and join the conversation:

https://trello.com/b/Jtvc23S1/uta-resurgence

Thank you!
- Geoff

Hey Urgamanix,

After reading all this yesterday I wanted to give UT4 a try....well I ended up playing Deathmatch for several hours and this is not even my favourite Gametype, Assault is.

I can fully agree that in terms of movement and gameplay it feels like UT99 and so I share your opinion
that this new Unreal Tournament has a high potential of being the the most successful since our classic UT.

So I want to tell you that I support the idea to 100%. But I will not make empty promises of supporting the project that cannot be kept in the end. But what I can and will always do:
- give valuable feedback (test) and / or bring in new ideas.

I just downloaded the Unreal 4.8.3 Engine and will try to create a Deathmatch map for Unreal Torunament for testing purposes. I will be around in mIRC and hope that I can talk to you soon :cool: My EPIC Nick is Bot-or-What

To you and your team.
Thank You! Keep up the good work :) :thumb:

Best Regards
Sebastian

I really like the progress thus far, the game type is enjoyable already, ut4 in its pre-alpha state is fun.
The movement is snappy, the wallrun, multi waldodges are great.

I couldn't join the last pug but I will do my best to be there next time, and the next time;)
I can only test, give feedback and give ideas though.

Look out for Ballistic v1, coming tonight! I will post a screenshot or a video or two after I upload ;). There's also a completely new version of the game-code that fixes a lot of bugs!

We have also been working on the new version of the site and forums, I can assure you there has been some great progress and feedback. Soon we will be coming to the point where I need you guys to generate buzz and community! We're already one of the biggest channels on globalgamers (top 10-20).

Well here's the first screenshot from AS-Ballistic, fully playabale now :x

shot_Ballistic.jpg

(...)

We have also been working on the new version of the site and forums, I can assure you there has been some great progress and feedback. Soon we will be coming to the point where I need you guys to generate buzz and community! We're already one of the biggest channels on globalgamers (top 10-20).

You can Count on us :) once you give Your go I will try contact each of my Old clan m8s :D from all Clans I have ever pld in :) and regarding the Ballistic screenshots...Wow, Great Job :D

Huh. I've been busy these summer holidays. I had a lot of work, and prepares for last exam during this semester...

As I can see, Assault is brought back to life by our community members!
I can promise that PGS team will join the fight as soon as possible :P

Unfortunately i cannot help you in any other way but playing and giving some advices, about maps, mods etc.
Hopefully i will build my gaming PC next month and then i can join your pugs ! (My actual notebook has FPS losses even in UT99 - Bridge is 10fps for me lol)

See you soon everyone and prepare your asses to get beaten!