UTA League Skins

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Just a thought but you I know if u just do 1 skin 4 each team (likely to be male) that NiGhT_owl and probably other female UT players will be a bit miffed.

So maybe you could do 2 skins per team :D .... and yes this does kinda link in to an above post bout people wantin more skins, but it does seem a bit unfair.

I have 56k, as long as the skins are available for about a week in advance of them being put onto servers it should be ok, for me at least, to get them installed in time. Takes me bout 5-10 minutes to download a meg......... in UT it takes bout 15mins to download a meg.

there is a very easy way to do a ut assault skin that would suit everyone

thats to use existing skins and just make a male red /blue and female red/blue chest piece with the logo on

you would only have to dl a small texture file and int file

and call the rest of the texturs from within ut itself

the acctual siz of the skin would be tiny im talkin in the 100k reagion at the tops but its more likly to be 60 k if i do my maths right lol

im working on it now when i have time and when my PC works lol

but in theory it should work fine and be a tiny dl :)

Opti

Last edited:
hmm 60k x 16 = 960 assuming only 16 clans get round to making one. So that's just under a meg for 16 skins, now that sounds a lot nicer than 1 meg for a skin that would hardly please any1. If u could make it optional as well, I can't see any1 being against that idea, even if it was a must download it would still be cool for pretty much every1 I think.

Only problem would be updates and version mismatches etc. So make sure it gets done right first time. But it would really own having just alogo especially if it's that small.

surely surely surely !!

wouldnt it just be easier if clan skins were used during only clan games therfor making each clan only download 2 textures ie 120k yippee by the end of the season all would have everyones clan textures and everyone would be smiling !! :) now does that make sense or does it seem like to much work sorting out the servers for all those admins out there ?? if that be the case then posting of required textures and skins should be on apropriate clan website therfore easy to find and to never be removed !! now am i making sense or am i weird !! or evne just file transferred between clan captains fo distribtution between clan members making for even less time !! as long as the servers support them all and u dont have to down the ones u dont need then all will be happy !!

on a final note i dont wanna leave my warboss skin anyway its far to precious to me !! i mean its red then its blue wow oh wow oh wow !!

i stll cant decide wether im a :cow: u know !! probable more a :llama: though !!

Ark : afaik thats not possible, if the skins on the server it will need to download. Too take skins on and off the server for each match u need to reboot it - far too much trouble.

I do like opti's idea - not sure if u meant 1 extra male, 1 extra female skin with just one new texture which would mean a choice between the normal skins and two UTA skins.
Or 1 male, 1 female per clan...

The former is best imho, to start with at least.

Since when have male and female skins mattered? It seems some people play using female skins because they think its more nimble and harder to hit.. or something ;)

***lol
there was a quote here but people posted as i was quoteing :p***

not even that mate im talking about a a skin with the UT Assault logo on but the only extra texturs would be 1 male chest and 1 female chest and an int file thats it
so the dl would be really small and the beuty of it is i can stick it on all the present ut player models all i have to do is tell the int file where to get the rest of the texturs in UT

not a skin for each clan :)

so the entire dl would be around 100 k

but i could do one for each clan only thing is as you have said as clans come and go so the skin pack would have to be updated

Here is some pics of what i mean(this isnt the final one just a work in progress)

FRONT.jpg

BACK.jpg

INGAME.jpg

i didnt have time to set the colours and stuff or to get more in game shots

but i think you can see what im on about !

Opti

Last edited:
yeah thats what I thought u meant :P So you can use all the normal skins + that chest on them :D

Looks good :D :D

So can you use that on all the male models? or? As u can tell I know little about skins :P

as i said its a work in progress unfortunatly my PC is ....hmmmmm let me think of the technical term ????

errrrrr fucked so i carnt edit the skin in utskin maker till i get it sorted

i used that one (which i had) as a demo

but its not bad anyway justs needs the colors sorted out

as for a logo

i was useing UT Assault

but would UTA-AL

be better

or what ?

as for what you will have to dl it will be

i small texture package and
i think 6 int files

so that anyone can use the standard ut models with the UTA-AL chest peice

but the dl is just over 200k at the mo

im testin out every way of getting the textures on each model with ths smallest amount to DL

oioi Opti "creating and editing" a female chest

yeah playing with boobs for a living :p

its a hard job but hey ,,,, someones got to do it :p

Opti

Last edited: