UT3 Tweaks!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

*Update 2007-12-24
Completely remove mouse acceleration, New way*
Here are the settings that need to be changed;

in UTInput.ini:

[Engine.PlayerInput]
LookRightScale=0.000000
LookUpScale=0.000000
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
... (^- as neXus said)
Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput] <- same thing in this section as playerinput.
LookRightScale=0.000000
LookUpScale=0.000000
Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)

Adjust your MouseSensitivity with this console command;

set Engine.PlayerInput MouseSensitivity <x>
<x> = a number

:satan:

Last edited:
is the old way still arround?

and i think new new way is a bit confusing do i need to add the lines or do i need to edit it?

are there still the tuning sides you mentioned earlier arround?

Last edited:
Hey m8! :)

-Is the old way still arround?
bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
BUT it wont change acc completely because its in more places like in the news.

-and i think new new way is a bit confusing do i need to add the lines or do i need to edit it?
Edit it, the very last part i removed since i cant find it.

-are there still the tuning sides you mentioned earlier arround?
dont really follow what you mean here!

yes thats it :)

Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0")
Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0")

i will give the new version a try soon too

*Update 2007-12-30
Custom White dot with a small small shadow
Go to Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

and open UTWeapon.ini -

under each weapon section add the following lines -
bUseCustomCoordinates=TRUE
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)

screenshot00000vo0.jpg

Ba]V[sE;1442608 said:
*Update 2007-12-30
Custom White dot with a small small shadow
Go to Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config

and open UTWeapon.ini -

under each weapon section add the following lines -
CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476,V=29,UL=5,VL=5)

screenshot00000vo0.jpg

I tried it more times but havent seen a result.

Actually I cannot get that to work.

My crosshair was always set to 'simple' in the HUD also.

Can someone perhaps attach the modified .ini so I can take a look?

Actually I cannot get that to work.

My crosshair was always set to 'simple' in the HUD also.

Can someone perhaps attach the modified .ini so I can take a look?

UT3 patch version 1.1 + simple crosshair + modified ini.

Attachments

• UTWeapon.zip
    842 bytes · Views: 116
UT3 patch version 1.1 + simple crosshair + modified ini.
Meteor, y'know..

You can just add the following lines:

CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476.000000,V=29.000000,UL=5.000000,VL=5.000000)

..to the [UTGame.UTWeapon] group at the very top of the ini.
That way all the weapons will automagically have that crosshair.
Only add it to the weapon groups if you want to use a different crosshair for each coherent weapon. :]

But hey, no need to worry, it already works for you, but if you want to change crosshair some time you have to change it all now! :P

I have 1.1 beta 1 patch. Its very strange it doesn't work.

It's not like working with INI's is something new for me.

Meteor, y'know..

You can just add the following lines:

CustomCrosshairCoordinates=(U=476.000000,V=29.000000,UL=5.000000,VL=5.000000)

..to the [UTGame.UTWeapon] group at the very top of the ini.
That way all the weapons will automagically have that crosshair.
Only add it to the weapon groups if you want to use a different crosshair for each coherent weapon. :]

But hey, no need to worry, it already works for you, but if you want to change crosshair some time you have to change it all now! :P

I change it soon. :thumb:

Read somewhere that it might not work well with beta overwritten to official patches. I reinstalled the game and used the official patch just to avoid any malfunctions. Unless you don't want to reinstall the game you could try to install the latets patch just too see if it work or not.

Do I need to uninstall the last patch and then install this or I can just install over the top?

My game was a fresh install and then patched with the newest official UT3 patch.

Do I need to uninstall the last patch and then install this or I can just install over the top?
Over the top works fine, no need to reinstall anything.

Beta patches overwrite eachother, and beta 4 is the same as the official v1.1 patch (only change is that it displays 1.1 in the menu and not beta4).

Still doesn't work, i didn't uninstall and I looked at the ini. Just my weopens seem "blank" as if no crosshair.

No the option isn't on hidden weopen either, its on simple :(

Maybe I should just reinstall.