UT3: Hidden menu features [PICS]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

subZ

Soon™
Sep 25, 2003
Aarhus, DK
Apparently there's already menu features in the retail game like alias, fov, gfx settings, and splitscreen.

German : inUnreal.de
English : BeyondUnreal

From what I can make out of it, the splitscreen works, although it being completely pointless on the pc. Console port leftover?
And then I think the rest is there, waiting to be enabled by the first coming patch. Seems like Epic didn't neglect the userbase after all.
(My german is vewy wusty. Anyone care to help out?) :]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

[/FONT][FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica][/FONT]

I thought they'd established that was all fake? :p:

Or are these new menus they've found recently?
I don't really have a way of checking it, but it seems to be real:

[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]So nun wie versprochen die Dateien:

Vorraussetzung: UT3 muss auf English gestellt sein.

TODO: Mach ein Backup deiner utgame.ini im Eigene Dateien\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config Ordner & der utgame.int im "UT3 Installationverzeichnis"\UTGame\Localization\INT.
Die utgame.ini & utgame.int vom Anhang ins richtige Verzeichnis kopieren.

Der Splittscreen wird unter Instant Action - Deathmatch - Settings aktiviert.

Anhang (der von IU funzt nicht...): http://rapidshare.com/files/70652829/Menu.rar
[/FONT]

These things aren't really 'left over' from any port or such; all this person has done is enabled all of the basic UI functionality that have functions named in the game; these functions may not necessarily have any code attached to them (yet) though, so chances are half of them don't even work - in fact, from perusing the language files, it's fairly obvious that much of this hasn't been implemented yet, since it has a comment above each part saying "; Disabled".

Last edited:
These things aren't really 'left over' from any port or such; all this person has done is enabled all of the basic UI functionality that have functions named in the game; these functions may not necessarily have any code attached to them (yet) though, so chances are half of them don't even work - in fact, from perusing the language files, it's fairly obvious that much of this hasn't been implemented yet, since it has a comment above each part saying "; Disabled".
Now, c'mon.
You can't tell me that they deliberately would want to enable splitscreen on the pc version at a later point? :P

(Was only referring to the splitscreen as a port, btw.
The rest is, as you said, not enabled yet).

Now, c'mon.
You can't tell me that they deliberately would want to enable splitscreen on the pc version at a later point? :P.

No, I wasn't suggesting that at all.

The functionality design is there for the porting of the engine to the PS3.