UT3 Assault mod

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Just a question: In the pictures you've posted, the textures look a lot like the ones in UT99. Only the water looks a bit more realistic. Am I right? Because if so, I don't think this mod will attract a lot of people. Why should I play UT3-AS, because of better water effects? And people who play UT3 because of its nice gfx wouldn't want to play a mod with a decline in gfx.
Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot of fun. Haven't played UT3 anyway yet, to be honest.

Just a question: In the pictures you've posted, the textures look a lot like the ones in UT99. Only the water looks a bit more realistic. Am I right? Because if so, I don't think this mod will attract a lot of people. Why should I play UT3-AS, because of better water effects? And people who play UT3 because of its nice gfx wouldn't want to play a mod with a decline in gfx.
Just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong and it's a lot of fun. Haven't played UT3 anyway yet, to be honest.

yup you are right. it's because of the detailphase ain't finished yet.

Status of the conversion:
- T3D conversion: Done
- Package developement: Done
- Edit terrain: Not needed
- Add movers: Done
- Add textures: Done
- Add lights: Done
- Add sounds/music: Done
- Add actors: Done
- Add nodes/AI: Done
- Add fluids: Done
- Assault configuration: Done
- Cinematics: Done
- Details: In process...
- Beta Testing: In process...
- Server mode: Not supported yet

still beta maps. Later we gonna add the highqualitytextures of UT3 ;) but nice find :D

wow really looks amazeing still cant get my assault game to work, maybe i should reinstall :)

Last edited:
the recreation of ballistic didnt start yet afaik.
it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to rebuild a map and implement textures and some stuff, thats why jeff did a post in the maps and mods forum to recruit a few more mappers that are interested to learn the new UED.
the current mapper got some timetrouble :/

the recreation of ballistic didnt start yet afaik.
it takes about 3 - 4 weeks to rebuild a map and implement textures and some stuff, thats why jeff did a post in the maps and mods forum to recruit a few more mappers that are interested to learn the new UED.
the current mapper got some timetrouble :/

:nod: that's right

i asked for help @ beyondunreal, epicforums, utaforums.

we will see, if someone will do Desertstorm or ballistic soon. hope so