UT2k4 XMP beta released :D

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

have not played it in 2k4 yet..

i played U2 xmp allready... was not bad... but i wanna see what new stuff the modteam made.

loved the u2 version.. but quit playing due to time limits and basicly i didnt like the u2 engine's performance on my pc :/ ut2k4 is better performance wise

i'll see if i can check this version out anyhow :D

ive pld the u2 version for a bit, well Relax was teaching me at his comp :P I never figured out what to do tho, as I got killed like 20 times before even seeing any1 :lol: Was good fun tho, getting ppl in ur car then drive off a cliff and jump out of the car just before it fall down, and then get flamed by the other player :lol:

$au$je said:
plz tell.. what's xmp... once TRIED to d/l it.. but it stopped for unknown reason at 94% then i didn't care anymore lol

short explanation from me:

Its a kinda CTF & ONS in one... Each team has a base and 2 Artifacts and everwhere are vehicles and turrets you can takeover... You have to try to steal all the artifacts from the enemy to win the map. XMP has different weapons, autocannons the player can set up, laserfields, vehicles, artifacts and more. Really huge maps and nicely balanced weapons. Really fun to play :)

Mod-explanation on the homepage:
Unreal II: The Awakening combined hardcore first-person shooter gameplay with elements of vehicular combat, resource management and strategic placement of automated defenses.
Unreal Tournament: Expanded Multiplayer will offer intense class-based vehicular action in a range of stunning alien worlds, where players must manage energy reserves to power their war machines and battle for the control of four mysterious artifacts. UT XMP players will be given control over a vast array of all-new fearsome weapons, as well as mines, turrets and other deadly automated defenses.

UTXMP is still beta, a patch will be there soon to fix the biggest problems/bugs, but it will still be a beta version. the final 'gold' version is due to 1st quarter 2005.

*=)IAS(=* has been playing U2XMP for a year now and it's still fun. Let's seen if UTXMP will become the same in time.

U2 XMP was/is the best multi-player gaem I've played since the original Assault. It has all that assault had/has: great gameplay, team game with different roles for each player, tricks, tactics etc... Onslaught is OK, but XMP is way better (IMHO)

the UT2k4 version of XMP is very beta (alpha I would say), but has obviously had alot of work put into it. I would advise non XMP fans to wait till a more mature version.

actually they were not totally useless...
they were pretty good to hold back enemys while the autocannon finishes them off
you just have to put them in a usefull position so the enemy cant destroy them so easy.. after that the enemy is fucked :)

Felerian said:
actually they were not totally useless...
they were pretty good to hold back enemys while the autocannon finishes them off
you just have to put them in a usefull position so the enemy cant destroy them so easy.. after that the enemy is fucked :)

This is true for U2XMP, not for UTXMP. But again, UTXMP is beta. The laser fenses is there for slowing down the enemy, so u can finish them off before they can take a artifact. Usealy laser fenses is used araound the artifact node, so the enemy has to take them out before grabbing artifact's. This give u time to kill them, or the autocanon will do it for u.. :D

BUT, don't place to many of them, they drain the energy very quickly. And this will destroy all laser fenses and autocanon's, if u loos energy sources....

Spiff said:
This is true for U2XMP, not for UTXMP. But again, UTXMP is beta. The laser fenses is there for slowing down the enemy, so u can finish them off before they can take a artifact. Usealy laser fenses is used araound the artifact node, so the enemy has to take them out before grabbing artifact's. This give u time to kill them, or the autocanon will do it for u.. :D

BUT, don't place to many of them, they drain the energy very quickly. And this will destroy all laser fenses and autocanon's, if u loos energy sources....
if I dont remember wrong u were able 2 jump over them..:P so it was just 2 jump in and take artifact and jump out and run.. they didnt stop u so much..

SoldierBoy said:
if I dont remember wrong u were able 2 jump over them..:P so it was just 2 jump in and take artifact and jump out and run.. they didnt stop u so much..
The fences come into their own when used with turrets. A good example is on the Nakoja map, a fence infront of the teleport slows the incomming attacker big time holding them for 2 -3 secs which is enough time for 3 or 4 turrets to kill them :D

The patch improves UT2k4 XMP alot but it still needs some work before you can really judge wheter the game is for you or not.

$au$je said:
so u can't walk or summat? just drive with a vehicle?
gonna try it out next week... when new pc is done :D

Most of the play is on foot, running/walking which IMHO is better in XMP than UT because you have dodge + the double jump UT2Kx gives and you have the boost as well (press SHFT for quick extra burst),

Reactions: Ðeadßoy