UT2k4 DM ladder?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawk

Jan 22, 2002
I know people have said this site is for Assault and Assault has also been my fav gametype in all of UT1, But Onslaught Doesn't really appeal to me and i think a 2k4 dm table here would be great for the site.
Most people from my clan nWo in UT1 are outsiders and play ctf or lms etc and have said how great the league in assault is and how great the wars are and its the best they have seen and i think a DM ladder would attract allot of people here and make this a Big name site.

Some people have said this is an assault league not deathmatch but onslaught is coming here so why not DM ? some people like DM some people dont but i think it would be great for the site.

Any thoughts ?

Might be a thought eventually once they get the original plan up and running. Once the Assault league n the Onslaught one are running with a working set of rules. And having enough admins creating a DM side part might be an option.

Don't think it's something they shud be lookin at as of right now tbh.;)

The new league site/system will, unlike the old system have the possibillity to add new leagues, ladder etc.. At the moment we just want to get the AS and ONS league up, and possibly expand afterwards, like RookiE suggests

ok then. I think a dm ladder would attract allot of newcomers DM in ut2004 is fun

Hawk said:
ok then. I think a dm ladder would attract allot of newcomers DM in ut2004 is fun
This is quite tr00, although problems within a league scare ppl of twice as fast as the addition of dm ladder would attract ppl, so it's actually a wise decision to focus on ons/as for now, get that up and running, and fix problems, before actually adding additional ladders. The additional ladders will come no matter what, gothica will fully support it anywayz, and league administration knows that, so I guess it'll just be a matter of time...

ye its allot more fun than UT1 DM , weapons are more evenly balanced and better maps and stuff etc .. ;p

Kippenijzer said:
This is quite tr00, although problems within a league scare ppl of twice as fast as the addition of dm ladder would attract ppl, so it's actually a wise decision to focus on ons/as for now, get that up and running, and fix problems, before actually adding additional ladders. The additional ladders will come no matter what, gothica will fully support it anywayz, and league administration knows that, so I guess it'll just be a matter of time...

nice

What Rookie says :) DM ladders and all rest can wait till original plan takes shape and up and running, im sure there will end up a few diff ladders leagues in future but first things first .

DM is just the same for me in ut1 and 2k4, I dunno how you can say it's more balanced in 2k4 with the weapons than ut1, it's just the same tbh except that the damage has been changed in the weapons, it's all got to do with what gun you use at certain areas of maps, and what kind of situation you are in.

imo the balanced moved more toweards the directhit weapons. if youre a good aimer you can kill someone with primary shock in no time and with the constant knockback he has bareley got a chance to escape.
flak and RL are only powerfull in closeup fights.
so imo its not really more balanced, probably rather less.

riotz said:
DM is just the same for me in ut1 and 2k4, I dunno how you can say it's more balanced in 2k4 with the weapons than ut1, it's just the same tbh except that the damage has been changed in the weapons, it's all got to do with what gun you use at certain areas of maps, and what kind of situation you are in.

its allot better balanced u can actualy frag with the goo gun now :p

I could frag with the goo gun in UT just fine, actually :p:
And I can frag with the ripper aswell, shocking isn't it? <- everybody just uses it completely the wrong way :p:

Hawk said:
its allot better balanced u can actualy frag with the goo gun now :p

er? the bio aint even half as strong it 2k4 than it is in ut1, so dunno why you find it harder in ut1

ye in 2k4 you can just use it like the secondary flak, its almost easier to hit with it, in ut i find it extremely hard to hit with a full load.

Sauron said:
ye in 2k4 you can just use it like the secondary flak, its almost easier to hit with it, in ut i find it extremely hard to hit with a full load.
Just fire it at point blank and kill yourself along with your enemy like I do :P

...Or sometimes I just throw primary fire all over the place in random directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.