UT2004 Vedeo (10 mins and 26 secs long)

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

for example the whole of cshp and utpure shud have coem from epic
if you release a game you have to take care abotu cheats, but it needed some talented modders to have ut somewhat cheat free

they learned from that and (i think) hired the maker of cshp to work on cheat protection for 2k3

Last edited:
yes they did, and look how much support there is for ut2k3 now
the final patch is already 6 months old
do you still think they learned?

what do i care about 4 free bonus packs if all they add is a variety of ugly skins and bad maps?
i had prefered a decent cheatprotection and some bugfixes like the ones that come with leagueas, for example invis walls (walls u can shoot thru etc)

look at valve for example, they still release patches for halflife and guess what, for free! and now they release a new game, and its gonna be revolutionary, not just a renamed copy

oh well im gettting excited again :|

Sauron said:
what do i care about 4 free bonus packs if all they add is a variety of ugly skins and bad maps?
i had prefered a decent cheatprotection and some bugfixes like the ones that come with leagueas, for example invis walls (walls u can shoot thru etc)

look at valve for example, they still release patches for halflife and guess what, for free! and now they release a new game, and its gonna be revolutionary, not just a renamed copy

oh well im gettting excited again :|
HL2 is looking good

where?

Sure, valve have good suppport for HL, but to say that that HL2 will be "revolutionary" I reckon is pushing it slightly??

I mean the game will have prolly the nicest graphics in a game to date, some of the most realistic enviroments to date, and some of the best AI ever written. However, afaik, it's still a FPS game, where for the most part you run about killing bad guys with guns. The engine might be the lastest that technology has to offer to the commercial public but "revolutionary"? I wouldn't say so.

As for it having been 6 months since an Epic patch, well the reason for that is DrSin has a new cheat protection sitting waiting for it to be released, however, as soon as he does, it would break network compatibilty. So Epic are waiting until the release of UT2k4 (at which point network compatability would be broken anyways).

...and as much as Epic may not have released an recent patches or anti-cheat software. AntiTCC is now in version 109 and working perfectly well, the reason for which is I believe DrSin helped with the coding of it.

i meant revolutionary for a shooter, it comes with realistic physics, best ai so far, great graphics and apparently a very free environment, thats what i meant. but after all my point was that valves support is better, and i still think it is, despite of what u said.
breaking network compatibility is imo not a valid reason to hold cheatprotection back, you should be updating anyways and not stick arround on old versions. its also very common, look at the quake series, as soon as u dont have the newest pointrelease u cant play on any updated server, i for my part find that a very small price for up to date anti cheat software.

i agree id love to have played a cheat free ut cause i know right now at least 60-70% of the people are dodgy in some way and it's very off putting.

the biggest problem with online gaming over offline/lans is cheating and u would think people who release basicially a online multiplayer game would do EVERY possible thing to make sure it's cheat/bug free its the MASSIVE bonus of pc gaming once u buy the game u aint stuck with it as it is it can be updated/modded/expanded to infinate levels.

ut 2k3 q3 3 of the best online games at moment ( IMO ) and id love to play them knowing the person i play is'nt getting an extra advantage in some way

i REALLY hate all the shit in q3 its so customisable it's stupid people with time can make the game a hell of a lot easier to play just buy "tweaking"

erm thats actually not true

quake3 is very customizable but its almost impossible to cheat since ID software licensed the PunkBuster cheat protection which is afaik 100% secure.

upon connect it checks each and every file in the quake folder for its conformity, if there is anything wrong or only slightly doubtfull it somply kicks u from the server.

ive been kicked so many times coz i had some custom model (e.g. Homer :D) which PB somehow didnt recognise.

Yeh cheats ( Bots and Radars ) are'nt common in q3 i dont think BUT it's still far too customisble..

and whats the prob with that?
everyone can do the same tweaking, no one gains a real advantage, the most you can do is tweak textures or disable them at all which isnt really an advantage because then u lack orientation points, measuring distances becomes extremely hard.

You can make everyone same skin same colour all world textures bland and all model skins bright... gives an avantage for those people who wanna "tweak"

it's not as bad in UT but there are lots of so called "tweaks" which should'nt be allowed and from what i heard wont be in the next leagueAS release

People should just play the game the way it's meant to be played and not mess about with so called tweaks to try and gain advantage and also epic have done more for UT the new patchs that have come out were backed by epic and the people doing it are'nt even ut players there programmers hired/doing it for free i know they dont know much about UT from the emails they send back..

so yeh epic are doing something but in the end it took a very big pertition to get em to do it. people need to spend a hell of alot more time looking into gameplay bugs and making sure the game is secure and not how much eye candy they can cram into it..

Paa` said:
You can make everyone same skin same colour all world textures bland and all model skins bright... gives an avantage for those people who wanna "tweak"

i never heard about making playerskins bright, but its true that theres this command cg_enemycolors

but actually thats a gr8 thing, coz in OSP and CPM, the most important quake mods there are no teamcolors, so you can have red, green, blue, white, magenta, cyan, whatever colored players on your team and on the enemy team aswell. in quake u can even choose colors for head, body and legs seperatly, which as u can guess is pretty messy, i alwyas ended up trying to kill ppl on my team coz i had no clue who was who, so now i have a forced model and color for everyone on the enemy team.

u can get along without that, but if u prefer not to be forced to remember your enemies skins when playing you simply do a little research before, find a list of all console commands and adjust the game to your needs.

and for that
Paa` said:
People should just play the game the way it's meant to be played and not mess about with so called tweaks to try and gain advantage

if you really think like that, then why do you play assault at all?
if everyone would play games as they come out of the box, gaming would be a hell of a lot less fun, you would have no mods no mutators no nothing except some official stuff, which you have to admit are in barely any game top ten material, theres always tons of much better custom stuff.