UT/Team Speak clash?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

DraizeTrain

UT's Official Corrie Street Aficionado
Jun 8, 2001
Internal Exile
Ello All, As the title suggests im getting a UT & TS clash thats causing, almost instant crashes. Thing is, it used to work ok which is confusing me all the more. I'm getting this `Runtime' error.
Both programs run fine seperately. I've reinstalled & upgraded TS but to no avail.

My OS is 98me and im on ADSL.

Any of u techy boys know what this is all about?

Attachments

• Runtime.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 80
well i cant help you with that, but ive had problems with teamspeak and ut so u aint alone, before it wouldnt let me talk (while ut was running), sometimes it makes the ut sounds echo etc etc. never had a runtime error tho..

which Teamspeak is this? 1 or 2?

maybe its direct x stuff.. if you dont use "push to talk" disable direct input in TS.. i had some probs with that before... (you could also try disabling direct sound in TS and switch to wave)

Well i use `press to talk' and its set on wave as the default so no joy there :(

Humph, whats ur thinking behind ur codecs suggestion?

The echo is caused by llamas (me included) that use voice activation and they either have volume in UT too loud or Mic sens too high.

Pressin a button to talk is wank :(

DraizeTrain said:
Well i use `press to talk' and its set on wave as the default so no joy there :(

Humph, whats ur thinking behind ur codecs suggestion?

Everything used to work fine, then after installing some new codecs to watch the Half-Life 2 preview, the default GSM codec in teamspeak gives me totally fucked up sound from some people.

Joko said:
The echo is caused by llamas (me included) that use voice activation and they either have volume in UT too loud or Mic sens too high.

Pressin a button to talk is wank :(

ive used press to talk for friggin ages now, cant beat it no echo no feedback and no one shouting at you to turn your speakers down. In these days where your mouse has so many spare buttons its simple to setup one of these like an old cb mic

cq cq dx this 26 divison callin dx and standing by...sigh the good old uppersideband days.