ut sound editor

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pitbull

May 12, 2008
Romania
k so i am trying to edit the announcer.uax file but my editor seems bugged or i may be doing something wrong. the idea is that i want to use the ut2k announcer voice except the countdowns which i am trying to replace with the original ut countdowns (the cd .wavs). when i try to delete/edit/import and/or save the new file my ut editor crashes. this happens randomly meaning i may be able to delete 1-2-3 wavs from editor and it will crash on the next one i delete. same with editing/importing and saving the file. another problem with the editor is that if i try to open the ut2k.uax file which is the announcer voice of u2tk and then i try to play the sounds they are still the same as in ut 99. however if i copy the ut2k.uax file into sounds folder of ut with name announcer.uax (overwriting the default one) in the game the correct sounds will play. is there something wrong with my editor or am i doing something wrong?

P.S. thx meteor for all ur help with all this

sry for double posting but meteor managed to find the solution for this problem. in case any of u wanna use the sound editor and make your own announcer.uax the . in order to be able to import sounds ued must have a clear path to the .wav folder u wanna import so it must be something like c: \sound (will not work in locations such c: \documents and settings\etc...)-thx skalman for that. also ued can only play the sounds found in the ut/sounds/announcer.uax that is why when i loaded another announcer file from a different location it would not be able to play the sounds.

anyway thx again met for all ur help, at first i thought ued crashed because i had a cracked copy of ut instead of original

Last edited: