UT Settings?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I used to be on Virgin Media, and yes, they are hit and miss with the routing at times... At one point I was routing through denmark back to london.

If the tunnel is working better, then as MyM suggests it'll be one or both routes of traffic which are being affected. I can only see the return route (posted below) which looks fine to me.

Would be useful if you could post the results from winmtr (leave it running for 5 minutes to collect a decent average).

Put the ip 213.230.216.4 into the box and hit start, then hit Copy Text To Clipboard and paste the results here.

example return route:-
Code:
|                                      WinMTR statistics                                   |
|                       Host              -   %  | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last |
|------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------|
|      2124.gi1-2.rt0.the.core.lchost.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |    0 |   27 |    0 |
|     gi3-37.telehouse-east.core.enta.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |    0 |   31 |    0 |
|                           195.66.224.23 -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |    0 |   16 |    0 |
|glfd-tmr-1-as0-0.network.virginmedia.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |    2 |   31 |    0 |
|glfd-bb-1b-ae5-0.network.virginmedia.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |   10 |  219 |    0 |
|manc-bb-1a-ae3-0.network.virginmedia.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |   12 |   63 |   63 |
|manc-bb-1b-ae0-0.network.virginmedia.net -    0 |  360 |  360 |   15 |   26 |   63 |   15 |
|know-core-1b-pc200.network.virginmedia.net -  0 |  360 |  360 |   15 |   25 |  156 |   16 |
|live-geam-1b-pc112.network.virginmedia.net -  0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |   10 |  172 |    0 |
|live-cmts-19-ge131.network.virginmedia.net -  0 |  360 |  360 |    0 |    8 |   16 |    0 |
|cpc5-*-cust16.know.cable.virginmedia.com -    0 |  359 |  359 |    0 |   16 |   47 |   16 |
|________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______|

Hope this makes some sense to you because it means nothing to me!!!! lol

Thanks for your help, but what do these results show?

Attachments

• Winmtr screeny.jpg
    Winmtr screeny.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Ok, well there is some unnecessary outbound routing there, but nothing too excessively bad.

Don't know why VM decide to route over gocomb.net, considering they have direct peering to enta, so there may be room for routing improvement, but it all depends on how much effort you want to put into kicking up a fuss with Virgin Media. It often goes unnoticed.

Start over at the VM forums: http://community.virginmedia.com/

Raise a thread in the correct board depending on your broadband package.

Copy and paste my reverse route in addition to the one you posted and state that you beleive your "outbound route is giving you sporadic latency issues, is there anything VM can do to route more efficiently"?

May get you somewhere.

Thanks for your help Weirdo! I have tried on several occassions in the past on VM forums to sort stuff out and tbh they dont really care about shit like this, as long as they are meeting their level of service regarding download speeds and uploads speeds, everything else sort of pails into insignificance! Only hope is to actually get to speak to a techy geeky type in call center who plays on line games and knows a thing of two about what he can and cant do for you!!! Was just kinda hoping there might be something I could do at my end!

Nice help from you guys, thank god some of you know what you are doing!!!

Peace! (lol)