UT Server port forwarding

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Solar´

=]????[=
Dec 5, 2003
Belgium
Hi there

I've had a LAN server for a while, been using it for smaller LAN's and sometimes online for friends here in the same town. It's been over a year that we played online. For some reason my friends can't connect to the server ONLINE.
I uploaded the INI files for you to check.

Picture 1:
I asked one m8 to do a tracert, first time it didn't get through, second time it did, after disabling SPI firewall and anonymous WAN requests (picture 2)

Picture 3 & 4:
I added the ports in my router so they could be accepted (altough UT always uses 7777 for my server)

Picture 5: I checked with a port tool, it CAN ping router after disabeling firewall in router.

I tried disabling Windows firewall and MS essentials.

I'm using Win7 64bit.

Hope you can help me!

Solar

Attachments

• System.rar
    33.7 KB · Views: 24
  • pfwdng.jpg
    pfwdng.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 195
  • Tracert.jpg
    Tracert.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 24
  • linksys1.jpg
    linksys1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 24
  • linksys2.jpg
    linksys2.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 26
  • linksys3.jpg
    linksys3.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 25
UT is UDP, not TCP, and you need to add the query port 7778.

It was already in the on settings-page of the router, but I added it on single ports also. No results.
I can connect from my pc (which also runs the dedicated server) with LAN ip but not with the internet IP.

Changed it to UDP, Portchecking tool could only check it with routerfirewall down so did that (windows firewall and ms essentials don't block it) but still CAN'T connect to my server with internet IP (others also not offcourse).
Also the IP changed today from 192.168.1.100 to 101 so had to change that in the router settings also as you can see or the port check tool didn't get any response ....

What am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• linsys2ndtry1.jpg
    linsys2ndtry1.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 19
  • linsys2ndtry2.jpg
    linsys2ndtry2.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 16
  • linsys2ndtry3.jpg
    linsys2ndtry3.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 23
  • pfwdng2ndtry.jpg
    pfwdng2ndtry.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 179
I would check the router log, itll show the incomming traffic and then if it is trying to apply any rules to it to redirect or block.

Why have both range and individual ports forwarded if they are the same, pick one!

I would check the router log, itll show the incomming traffic and then if it is trying to apply any rules to it to redirect or block.

Why have both range and individual ports forwarded if they are the same, pick one!

Chose Range ports and it works now, funny! Thx for helping me out!