UT Problem, Gfx?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Torp

Hai
Dec 23, 2004
Milan, Italy
New computer, freshly installed UT but have a problem in game, when pressing Caps lock, Scroll lock or Num lock, my crosshair/view starts to slowly move down and it cannot be stopped, unless restarting UT.

I don't need to be told not to press these keys! I just need a fix if possible :(

Spec:

GeForce GT540M
4gb RAM
intel i3
Windows 7

P.S. I have tried removing the keys from my user.ini but it still happens. The only thing left for me to think is a graphics card setting. Any help much appreciated!!

@Torp: check your .inis and make sure that all joystick settings are turned off. I had some stuff like that once, although it used to make me spin around on the spot.

back up your inis and try fresh ones

that way you know if its ini's

then restore ini's one at a time till problem reappears at least that way you know which one is causing the problem

I've had this for a year. Never thought it was that big of a deal, tho it is annoying to have to restart UT everytime it happens.

Fresh .inis don't matter for me. Joystick is off by default.

my spec:
Intel Pentium P6100
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650
4 GB DDR3
Windows 7

Last edited:
try setting all Joy keys in user.ini to nothing:

Code:
Joy1=
Joy2=
Joy3=
Joy4=