UT opengl settings for both nvidia/ati

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Btw if your having any problems in UT with your ATI card try using the official 3.9 drivers i was told these were the last one's that worked properly and there right all the little problems in UT are gone no gamma/opengl/res settings.

all looks perfect

Older Ati Drivers Can Be Found Here

http://www.ati.com/support/products/radeonwinxppreviousdrivers.html

I also found this on another forum

so many many many people open threads about "card chrases" etc...
so here is a little guide for all angry people to look before opening a new thread (perhaps should go sticky )

card crash:
- try agp voltage in bios up to 1.7 (should fix 95 % of the problems)..try 1.8 if 1.7 did not function
- install all the latest motherbard bios
- run in agp 4x mode (powerstrip or even with the smartbus) (should fix chrases in 98%, I run in agp 4x mode, there is no certain perfomance loose and you don't have to set up your card to 1.7 agp voltage)
- uninstall ati drivers , then install directx 9, after that the ati cat 3.0 drivers
- minimum 300 watt power supply (even some guys have no problems with 250 watt, so it is a question of other components in your system)
- try not to share the power cable of the ati card with many other devices
- do not share irq of the ati card with other devices (seems to be a big problem especially with soundblaster cards)
- use no card on pci 1 slot (next to agp slot) , look in your motherboard guide which slot also shares irq with agp slot
- the ati card gets very hot, so you look if the card has enough air

-----------------------------------------

stutter problems:
- try to disable all icons in the tray (right bottom corner in default...where the clock is )
- try disabling as many programs as possible (use alt+ctrl+del to see which programs run in background)
- you can set with the task manager the priority of your 3d program up to high (causes some problems, but could also help)
- you can set the hardware acceleration in windows down a notch (fix stutter in 95 %)
- try disabling agp fast writes in bios (some guys say so , I have no certain results with it)
- execute smartguard and look if everything is enabled
- try changing "system" in the device manager from acpi-uni (default win xp, means a motherboard with 2 or more cpu) to acpi (one board with one cpu)..some people have success, some not (me inclusive )
- stutter in opengl is fixed with the latest ati drivers

----------------------------------------------------------

bad performance:
- see stutter problems
- antivirus programm in background?
- other heavy programm in background ?
- execute smartguard and look if everything is enabled
- many people are angry about bad performance in some games like battlefield..remember that perhaps your firwall or internet conection makes trouble

--------------------------------------------------------

From http://www.rage3d.com/board/forumdisplay.php?forumid=58&daysprune=30&sortorder=&sortfield=lastpost&

For uZi going back to the 3.9's i tried aa/af and dont have any problems like what u posted in that pic so maybe try those drivers ? i was running 6 x fsaa and 16 x performance af and not a single problem at all

yeah i think ill go back to the catalyst 3.9 cause in 4.1 ye have to change brightness on slider and change back to get it bright again

In addition: If you use FrameRateLimit (values other than 0, likely matching refresh rate) its better to disable VSync.

If your standard option (SwapInterval=-1) is that VSync is On By Default its better to change this value to SwapInterval=0 to safe some CPU load.

The frame rate limiting code I've been experimenting with will share the CPU. In this case, whether or not it does so is controlled by the implementation of the sleep function in the UT engine. It could either spin or pass the sleep call down to the OS. The following numbers from whatever my motherboard uses to get CPU temperature are from just running around CTF-Coret single player with 16 bots. The game was run at 85 Hz in a window.

With V Sync: ~53° C
With V Sync and with frame rate limit of 85: ~49° C <-- See here
Without V Sync and with frame rate limit of 85: ~46° C

Under heavier load, there will be less idle CPU time available and these numbers should eventually converge. But even in games with a lot going on, there is still a lot of potential for wasted energy or otherwise useful CPU time on average unless the frame rate is constantly stuck below 85 Hz, or some other set limit.

Last edited:
High quality graphics -
what to change that vsync gets off?
edit:found out myself
and btw that settings own they're much beter graphic and more fps:thumb:

Last edited:
Just reinstalled UT and im running now on OGL with these settings:

[OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice]
Translucency=False
VolumetricLighting=False
ShinySurfaces=False
Coronas=False
HighDetailActors=False
DetailTextures=False
TruFormMinVertices=0
TruFormTessellation=3
UseTruForm=False
NumAASamples=0
UseAA=False
RequestHighResolutionZ=False
MaskedTextureHack=True
FrameRateLimit=75
SwapInterval=-1
UseVertexProgram=False
UseCVA=False
UseMultiDrawArrays=True
AAFilterHint=0
TexDXT1ToDXT3=False
DynamicTexIdRecycleLevel=100
UseTexPool=True
UseTexIdPool=True
UseSSE=2
BufferClippedActorTris=True
SinglePassDetail=False
ColorizeDetailTextures=False
DetailClipping=True
UseDetailAlpha=True
RefreshRate=75
MaxTMUnits=0
NoFiltering=False
MaxAnisotropy=0
UseTNT=False
Use4444Textures=False
UseS3TC=False
UseAlphaPalette=True
AutoGenerateMipmaps=True
UseTrilinear=False
UsePrecache=True
AlwaysMipmap=True
ShareLists=True
UsePalette=True
UseMultiTexture=True
UseBGRATextures=True
UseZTrick=True
MaxLogTextureSize=8
MinLogTextureSize=0
MaxLogVOverU=8
MaxLogUOverV=8
OneXBlending=True
GammaCorrectScreenshots=True
GammaOffsetBlue=0.000000
GammaOffsetGreen=0.000000
GammaOffsetRed=0.000000
GammaOffset=0.000000
LODBias=1.000000
DescFlags=0
SlowVideoBuffering=False
CurvedSurfaces=True
LowDetailTextures=True
MinDesiredFrameRate=999.000000

So explain me someone why i have a 'wallhack' ? :P

Ive reinstalled drivers, and direct, dint helped :/ Any ideas?

Attachments

• Shot0000.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 450