UT error :<<

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Maxiz!

Heather_Morris^
Apr 14, 2003
Stockholm
Hi!

Trying to get UT to work again on my Win7x64 pc, the thingie that DB attached in yakos thread seems to be corrupt and I cant unrar it!

Anyway, I keep gettings this error here and I dont know whats causing it, any ideas? <3

gagag.jpg

With Love,
yours truly,
XOXO,

Max!

Did you enter server with UTDC?
I see you have win7 64bit in that case it won't work.

What DB posted was i think a DX downloader, u can get it on MS webby aswell.

It was dog standard, I have no idea what it's running but it's probably UTDC innit? wtb ACE for all servers now kthx!

so what servers are not running UTDC today? noone right? :/

Im not sure if Timo/DB would put UTDC there...
You can check Pug server it's running Ace unreal://www.utapug.net:8100
If you want to check it out in this very moment then it's running a pug, spec pw: SP462

It was dog standard, I have no idea what it's running but it's probably UTDC innit? wtb ACE for all servers now kthx!

so what servers are not running UTDC today? noone right? :/

Just FYI w7 x64 and utdc 2 fail together. Older versions of utdc should be fine. I think so far only 1 league server and -8- server are messed up for w7 users. (think it was server 3, but im not sure)

Win7 64bit doesnt work with any version of UTDC, older versions will however ignore it if settings are so set
other 64bit OS's work with the newer 2.x UTDC , again can be ignored on older versions

League Server #2 runs UTDC 2.1, everyone except win7 64bit users should be fine there
-8- server runs UTDC 1.8, most likely I've not got it set to ignore because I dont believe its a good thing! I may update to ACE7 when I get hold of a copy.
Other league servers run older versions of UTDC purely for the 64bit ignore capability,
Dont know about dog, didnt think they ran anything! but youd need Timo really

DoG Standards isn't running UTDC, for the primary reason to keep it as 'out-of-box' as we can so people can just jump in straight away and play.... Though a lot has changed in the last 5(?) years we've been running it, so moving to the likes of ACE may be enevitable in order to keep the balance.

The error looks more likely to do with video card drivers / renderer selection. I'll be on IRC tonight if you want to catch me.

Last edited:
Win7 64bit doesnt work with any version of UTDC, older versions will however ignore it if settings are so set
other 64bit OS's work with the newer 2.x UTDC , again can be ignored on older versions

League Server #2 runs UTDC 2.1, everyone except win7 64bit users should be fine there
-8- server runs UTDC 1.8, most likely I've not got it set to ignore because I dont believe its a good thing! I may update to ACE7 when I get hold of a copy.
Other league servers run older versions of UTDC purely for the 64bit ignore capability,
Dont know about dog, didnt think they ran anything! but youd need Timo really

why didnt you just quote yourself from my thread? :rolleyes:

Thanks for all of the replies people, you're all very helpful :)

DoG Standards isn't running UTDC, for the primary reason to keep it as 'out-of-box' as we can so people can just jump in straight away and play.... Though a lot has changed in the last 5(?) years we've been running it, so moving to the likes of ACE may be enevitable in order to keep the balance.

The error looks more likely to do with video card drivers / renderer selection. I'll be on IRC tonight if you want to catch me.
Any possibility you'll be on IRC tomorrow? I couldn't get on today for various reasons I'm afraid.